Insurance companies, pension plans and other market participants require an increasingly sophisticated approach to capital raising and risk transfer transactions. The Debevoise Global Insurance Practice offers clients market-leading capabilities with respect to a broad range of insurance solutions to meet these needs both on a standalone basis and in connection with M&A transactions. A particular strength of our Global Insurance Practice is in structuring the financing and risk management components of insurance company acquisitions by financial sponsors.
Representative transactions include:
- reserve and other financing transactions for insurance companies;
- pension plan “de-risking” transactions totaling in excess of $30 billion of assets;
- insurance company formation and capitalization;
- multijurisdictional bancassurance transactions;
- IPOs, spin-offs and other traditional capital markets transactions for insurance companies, including offerings of surplus notes, debt offerings and instruments designed to meet regulatory capital requirements under U.S., Canadian, Bermudian, European and other jurisdictions; and
- structured reinsurance solutions.