Carolina Kupferman is a senior litigation associate in the New York office. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation, white collar investigations ...
Read Full Biography
Complex Civil Litigation
- YPF S.A., as a co-defendant with the Argentine Republic, in litigation brought by Petersen Energía and Eton Park in the S.D.N.Y. arising from the Republic’s 2012 intervention in YPF, temporary occupation of 51% of YPF’s capital stock held by Repsol S.A., and subsequent expropriation of that capital stock.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its proposed $4 billion take private acquisition of Anixter International, a NYSE-listed company. (Terminated)
- MetLife, its Board of Directors and certain officers in securities class action and derivative litigation arising from the company’s practices with regard to unclaimed life insurance benefits.
- MetLife and certain of its officers and directors in the successful dismissal with prejudice of a securities class action (affirmed by the Second Circuit), two consumer class actions and multiple derivative lawsuits (affirmed by the Delaware Supreme Court) arising from the company’s practices with regard to group annuity benefits.
- The Federal Reserve Bank of New York in obtaining dismissal of claims for over $40 billion against the Bank by the largest shareholder of AIG challenging the terms of a rescue loan the Bank provided to AIG during the 2008 financial crisis.
White Collar and Regulatory Defense, and Internal Investigations
- A major pharmaceutical company in an internal review of its compliance program and related practices.
- A leading media company in conducting an anti-corruption risk assessment, including with respect to Latin America, and in enhancing relevant policies, procedures and controls.
- Toyota Motor Sales USA in various state and federal investigations relating to vehicle acceleration issues. These included 29 state attorney general investigations, congressional inquiries, SEC investigations, and Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations, all of which settled without any criminal convictions for the company.
- Harvard Law School, 2015, J.D.
- Harvard University, 2011, B.A.