Christopher Garrett is an English-qualified international counsel in the Corporate Department and a member of the Data Strategy & Security practice, ...
Read Full Biography
- PGIM in its acquisition of Montana Capital Partners, a European-based private equity secondaries asset manager.
- Compre in its reinsurance to close of Syndicate 3330’s 2018 year of account, and the purchase of AXA DBIO II’s Corporate Member.
- Compre in the launch of its Lloyd’s legacy syndicate 1994, and its strategic partnership with Apollo to manage syndicate 1994, and to work with Compre to build its Lloyd’s legacy platform.
- Compre in its reinsurance to close transaction of Apollo syndicate 1969’s 2017 and prior years of account.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of 28 domain extensions and certain other business assets owned and operated by Minds + Machines Group Limited.
- CANDRIAM and its affiliate New York Life Investments Alternatives in their strategic partnership with Kartesia Management, and the related acquisition of a minority stake in the firm.
- GreyCastle in its sale to Monument Re, advising on the complex offshore UK / Bermuda life insurance structure. Debevoise also advised on the original establishment of GreyCastle.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its investment in SOCOTEC Group, a leading global provider of testing, inspection and certification services focused on asset integrity.
- Providence Equity Partners in its majority investment of €200 million in Smartly.io.
- Lovell Minnick in its take-private deal for Charles Taylor, a leading provider of professional services to the global insurance market.
- TPG Growth in its takeover of the existing assets of the Abraaj Group’s $1 billion Global Healthcare Fund. The deal saw Debevoise win the “Specialist Deal Legal Advisor” category at the Private Equity Africa Awards.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the merging of its Lloyd’s business with Canopius. The transaction will create a top-five insurer at Lloyd’s with combined premiums of approximately $2.2 billion.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the sale of its domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations to Liberty Mutual.
- Hamilton Insurance Group in its acquisition of Pembroke Managing Agency and Ironshore Europe DAC from Liberty Mutual.
- Assured Guaranty in its acquisition of a minority interest in Rubicon Infrastructure Advisors.
- SBM Ventures in its investment in mPharma, an Africa-based company that manages prescription drug inventory for pharmacies and their suppliers in various African jurisdictions.
- Atkore in its acquisition of Flexicon.
- Bregal Freshstream in its investment in TrueNoord, an independent aircraft leasing business that specialises in the regional aircraft market.
- Argenta in the sale of Syndicate 2121 at Lloyd's and the Argenta members' agency to Hannover Re.
- American International Group in its sale of its Japan life insurance business to FWD.
- American International Group in several transactions with Fairfax Financial, a leading global property and casualty insurer and reinsurer, as part of a strategic partnership in 12 jurisdictions across Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Ascot from American International Group.
- MBIA in the sale of its UK subsidiary to Assured Guaranty.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $219 million acquisition of ANV Holding, a Lloyd's platform.
- TA Associates in its acquisition of Access Technology Group.
- Management of Sky Bet in the sale of a controlling stake in the company by Sky to funds advised by CVC, in a transaction valuing Sky Bet at £800 million.
- GreyCastle in its $570 million acquisition, backed by a consortium of investors, of the run-off Life Reinsurance operations of XL Group.
- TIAA-CREF in its partnership with Henderson Group PLC to create TIAA Henderson Real Estate Limited, a new global real estate investment management company, with total assets under management of over $63 billion.
- Omega Insurance Holdings in its agreement with Canopius Group on the terms of a recommended £164 million all-cash bid for Omega by Canopius.
- Nottingham Law School, 2001, L.P.C.
- University of Cardiff, 2000, LL.B.