Christopher Garrett is an English-qualified associate in the Corporate Department and a member of the Cybersecurity and Data Privacy practice, practising ...
Read Full Biography
- Lovell Minnick in its take-private deal for Charles Taylor, a leading provider of professional services to the global insurance market.
- TPG Capital in its takeover of the existing assets of the Abraaj Group’s $1 billion Global Healthcare Fund.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the merging of its Lloyd’s business with Canopius. The transaction will create a top-five insurer at Lloyd’s with combined premiums of approximately $2.2 billion.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the sale of its domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations to Liberty Mutual.
- Hamilton Insurance Group in its acquisition of Pembroke Managing Agency and Ironshore Europe DAC from Liberty Mutual.
- Assured Guaranty in its acquisition of a minority interest in Rubicon Infrastructure Advisors.
- SBM Ventures in its investment in mPharma, an Africa-based company that manages prescription drug inventory for pharmacies and their suppliers in various African jurisdictions.
- Atkore in its acquisition of Flexicon.
- Bregal Freshstream in its investment in TrueNoord, an independent aircraft leasing business that specialises in the regional aircraft market.
- Argenta in the sale of Syndicate 2121 at Lloyd's and the Argenta members' agency to Hannover Re.
- American International Group in its sale of its Japan life insurance business to FWD.
- American International Group in several transactions with Fairfax Financial, a leading global property and casualty insurer and reinsurer, as part of a strategic partnership in 12 jurisdictions across Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Ascot from American International Group.
- MBIA in the sale of its UK subsidiary to Assured Guaranty.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $219 million acquisition of ANV Holding, a Lloyd's platform.
- TA Associates in its acquisition of Access Technology Group.
- Management of Sky Bet in the sale of a controlling stake in the company by Sky to funds advised by CVC, in a transaction valuing Sky Bet at £800 million.
- GreyCastle in its $570 million acquisition, backed by a consortium of investors, of the run-off Life Reinsurance operations of XL Group.
- TIAA-CREF in its partnership with Henderson Group PLC to create TIAA Henderson Real Estate Limited, a new global real estate investment management company, with total assets under management of over $63 billion.
- Omega Insurance Holdings in its agreement with Canopius Group on the terms of a recommended £164 million all-cash bid for Omega by Canopius.
- Nottingham Law School, 2001, L.P.C.
- University of Cardiff, 2000, LL.B.