Daniel Aun is a senior litigation associate based in New York focused on white collar criminal defense, internal investigations, and anti-corruption compliance ...
Read Full Biography
- The owners of a South American construction company in U.S. investigations related to the Lava Jato investigations in Brazil.
- A Brazilian industrial company in an FCPA investigation.
- A global shoe and apparel company in a federal corruption investigation.
- Various global companies and private equity firms in conducting anti-corruption and trade compliance due diligence relating to potential transactions and investments around the world.
- A South American Shipyard in an ICC arbitration against a major oil & gas company arising out of an EPC contract.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Cyanco International, the largest global producer of sodium cyanide.
- Successfully representing Swiss investor SGS in defeating an ICSID annulment application in the SGS v. Paraguay dispute.
- Successfully representing the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES) in defeating a US$ 250 million ICC arbitration filed by a State-owned Ecuadorian company in connection with a loan agreement.
- Representing multiple parties as claimants in an LCIA arbitration relating to a large infrastructure project in Latin America.
- Representing a mining company as a respondent in an ICC arbitration relating to a contract for the supply of a rare metal.
- Providing pre-dispute advice to a foreign investor in connection with a large infrastructure project in Latin America.
- Assisting in the preparation of a comparative study of truth and reconciliation processes in Latin American countries, in cooperation with the Vance Center for International Justice.
- New York University School of Law, 2012, LL.M.
- Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo Law School, 2008, Bachelor of Laws