Daniel Aun is a dual-qualified, dual-trained Brazilian senior litigation associate based in New York focused on white collar criminal defense, internal ...
Read Full Biography
- The owners of a South American construction company in U.S. investigations related to the Lava Jato investigations in Brazil.
- A Brazilian industrial company in an FCPA investigation.
- A global shoe and apparel company in a federal corruption investigation.
- Various global companies and private equity firms in conducting anti-corruption and trade compliance due diligence relating to potential transactions and investments around the world.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Cyanco International, the largest global producer of sodium cyanide.
- Capital Group in its 457 million reais ($142 million) investment in BK Brasil Operação e Assessoria a Restaurantes, which operates the Burger King.
- A South American shipyard in an ICC arbitration against a major oil & gas company arising out of an EPC contract.
- Swiss investor SGS in defeating an ICSID annulment application in the SGS v. Paraguay dispute.
- The Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES) in defeating a $250 million ICC arbitration filed by a State-owned Ecuadorian company in connection with a loan agreement.
- Multiple parties as claimants in an LCIA arbitration relating to a large infrastructure project in Latin America.
- A mining company as a respondent in an ICC arbitration relating to a contract for the supply of a rare metal.
- A foreign investor in the provision of pre-dispute advice relating to a large infrastructure project in Latin America.
- The preparation of a comparative study of truth and reconciliation processes in Latin American countries, in cooperation with the Vance Center for International Justice.
- New York University School of Law, 2012, LL.M.
- Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo Law School, 2008, Bachelor of Laws