David Rock is a tax associate.
Mr. Rock joined Debevoise in 2016. He received a J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center cum laude in 2015. He also received ...
Read Full Biography
- Atlas Merchant Capital, a global investment firm, in its investment in and strategic partnership with MarshBerry, a leading investment banking and consulting firm.
- Carestream Dental, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and leading provider of dental technology, in the $600 million carve-out sale of its Scanning Technology business to Envista, a leading global dental products company.
- White Cap, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and leading North American distributor of specialty concrete and construction accessory, safety, and building products, in its acquisition of Ram Tool, a construction supply distribution company.
- DoubleVerify, a Providence Equity Partners portfolio company and leading software platform for digital media measurement, data and analytics, in its acquisition of OpenSlate, a content-focused measurement and analytics company.
- Brookfield Reinsurance in its $10 billion reinsurance agreement with American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company.
- Nassau Financial Group, a Golden Gate Capital portfolio company, in the sale of its life insurance and annuity distribution company, Saybrus Partners, to AmeriLife Group.
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of a majority interest in C.L. Smith and its combination of C.L. Smith with Inmark.
- The largest investor in a $190 million concentrated portfolio continuation fund sponsored by a U.S. mid-market buyout firm.
- DoubleVerify, a Providence Equity Partners portfolio company and a leading software platform for digital media measurement and analytics, in its $414 million initial public offering.
- The Carlyle Group in its $2.6 billion sale of MedRisk to CVC Capital Partners.
- White Cap Parent in the offer and sale of $300 million of 8.25%/9.00% Senior PIK toggle notes due 2026 to fund a dividend payment to the company's equity holders.
- Individual FoodService, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its merger with Brady Industries.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.9 billion acquisition of White Cap, a leading distributor of specialty concrete and construction products, and its combination of White Cap with CSG, a leading U.S. distributor of specialty concrete and masonry accessories, for a total transaction value of approximately $4 billion.
- Prudential plc and Jackson National in the reinsurance to Athene of $27.6 billion of Jackson’s in-force fixed and fixed index annuities and a $500 million equity investment in Jackson’s holding company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $250 million convertible preferred equity investment in Covetrus, a global leader in animal-health technology and services.
- J.C. Flowers and AmeriLife Group in the sale of AmeriLife to Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of Cynosure, a leader in medical aesthetics systems and technologies, from Hologic, a NASDAQ listed medical technology company primarily focused on women’s health.
- DoubleVerify, a Providence Equity Partners portfolio company and a leading software platform for digital media measurement and analytics, in its acquisition of Ad-Juster, a market-leading SaaS provider of unified data reporting and analytics for digital advertising.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of a majority equity interest in Individual FoodService from Sole Source Capital.
- OEConnection (OEC) and Providence Equity in the sale of a majority stake in OEC to Genstar Capital.
- One Rock Capital Partners in its acquisition of the Engineered Components and Systems segment of Actuant Corporation.
- Vinci Partners in the formation of Vinci Capital Partners Fund III, a $1 billion private equity fund program.
- Chubb in its long-term distribution agreement with Banco de Chile, the largest bank based in Chile.
- AXA and AXA Equitable Holdings on the initial public offering of AXA Equitable Holdings on the New York Stock Exchange for approximately $4 billion, and AXA Equitable Holdings in its offering and sale of $3.8 billion of senior notes.
- Citizens Financial in its acquisition of Franklin American Mortgage.
- Nationstar Mortgage, a leading mortgage servicer and originator, in its $3.8 billion merger with WMIH.
- Sawai Pharmaceutical in the sale of a minority stake of its U.S. subsidiary, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, to Japanese trading house Sumitomo.
- Sawai Pharmaceutical in its $1.5 billion acquisition of the generic pharmaceuticals business of Upsher-Smith Laboratories.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2016, LL.M.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2015, J.D.
- Stellenbosch University, 2011, M.A.
- Loyola College, 2008, B.A.