Elizabeth Nielsen is counsel based in the New York office and a member of the Litigation Department. Her practice focuses on international commercial and ...
Read Full Biography
- Tethyan Copper Company in its US$6 billion arbitration win against the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, which is the second-largest ICSID award ever rendered.
- The Republic of Iraq in a complete dismissal of claims for over US$650 million brought by Agility Warehousing Company relating to a telecommunications investment, substantially prevailing on jurisdictional objections and achieving a complete victory for the Republic on the merits with a full award of costs, in the first ICSID arbitration brought against the Republic. For this win, the Debevoise team was recognized as Litigators of the Week by The American Lawyer.
- A Japanese pharmaceutical company in winning an ICC arbitration against a U.S.-based pharmaceutical company involving a co-development, licensing and supply agreement.
- A leading global engineering and project management company in an UNCITRAL arbitration arising out of the construction of a multibillion dollar LNG plant.
- A U.S. oil and gas company in an AAA commercial arbitration regarding a contractual dispute arising from a previous arbitration award.
- Matchroom Boxing Limited in the successful resolution of a dispute over the heavyweight boxing championship rematch.
- Keppel Offshore & Marine in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with the U.S., Brazilian and Singaporean criminal authorities in relation to corrupt payments to Petrobras and other Brazilian officials.
- A multinational manufacturing company in a Deferred Prosecution Agreement and a court-appointed Monitor.
- Yale Law School, 2011, J.D.
- Northwestern University, 2008, B.A.