Evgeny Samoylov is an international counsel in the Moscow office and a member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group. His practice ...
Read Full Biography
- A major shareholder in a publicly traded Russian joint stock company in LCIA proceedings commenced by another major shareholder involving claims of a breach of understanding between the parties relating to that company.
- A consumer electronics retailer in its claim in Russian state commercial court against ZAO Centurion Alliance on the state registration of the Long Term Lease Agreement for Shop Centre EuroPark.
- Tatneft in its victory in the English Court of Appeal in Tatneft v Bogolyubov & others.
- Pernod Ricard, in obtaining dismissal of ownership claims filed by a Russian Federation entity related to the Stolichnaya trademark.
- A major Austrian engineering company before the state commercial court in the contesting of non-normative legal acts of the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service on cancellation of the auction results relating to the conclusion of the state contract on the design and construction of a hospital in the city of Sochi with a contract value over RUB 5 billion.
- An international management and investment consulting company as claimant in international commercial arbitration (Gazprom Arbitration Court) in a dispute against a Russian energy consulting company over the debt recovery of more than EUR 1 million arising out of a service contract.
- A German engineering company as respondent before the state commercial courts in a dispute against a governmental customer and the Russian Federal Medical-Biological Agency relating to the termination of the state EPC contract in respect of a blood preparation plant in the city of Kirov with a contract value exceeding RUB 7 billion.
- A Russian sole entrepreneur as claimant in EUR 3.5 million international commercial arbitration (ICAC) against a German manufacturer of medical and hygienic products in a dispute over recovery of debt and losses incurred under an agency agreement relating to the construction of a factory in the Vladimir Region.
- A German manufacturer of systems for the fiber and polymer industries as defendant in EUR 800,000 international commercial arbitration (Rosatom Arbitration Court) in a dispute against a Russian manufacturer of carbon fibres in a failure to perform the obligations under a supply contract.
- A German construction company before the state commercial courts in a dispute with a Russian subcontractor regarding its failure to perform the obligations under a contract on construction of Tobolsk-Polymer Plant and a related dispute against a major Siberian bank in its refusal to pay EUR 5 million under the bank guarantee.
- International Academy for Arbitration Law, 2012, Session on International Commercial & Investment Arbitration
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law, 2010, Ph.D.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law, 2006, Law Degree
- Universität Regensburg, 2004, DSG Deutsches Recht