Huey-Fun Lee is a counsel of the firm’s Tax Department. She concentrates on the tax aspects of a wide range of corporate transactions, including ...
Read Full Biography
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Match Group, a dating company with a market value of over $20 billion, in its separation from IAC.
- Norilsk Nickel in its $750 million Eurobond offering of 3.375% notes due 2024.
- Vets First Choice in the financing aspects of its merger with the Henry Schein Animal Health business to create Covetrus, a new standalone public company.
- NLMK and its U.S. subsidiaries in a $250 million ABL facility.
- Polyus Gold International in its $800 million Eurobond offering of 5.25% guaranteed notes due 2023.
- Noven Pharmaceuticals in the sale of its Brisdelle and Pexeva product lines to Sebela International.
- Hertz in its $2.5 billion spin-off of its equipment and rental business.
- Theragen, a privately owned medical device company, in its acquisition of Neurotech North America.
- AmRisc management in its purchase of American Coastal Insurance Company from BB&T, and its sale of a majority interest in AmRisc, a managing general agency, to BB&T.
- Mitsui in the sale of Transfreight North America, a wholly-owned subsidiary that provides logistics services primarily to automotive manufacturers, to U.S.-based Penske Logistics.
- Mitsui in its acquisition of a 20% limited partnership interest in Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., a full service truck leasing, truck rental and logistics business that mainly operates in the U.S., from General Electric Capital Corporation.
- Toyota in its collaboration with Air Liquide to develop and supply 12 state-of-the-art hydrogen stations in five states in the northeast in connection with Toyota's rollout of new hydrogen fuel cell vehicle, Mirai.
- Crown Resorts, one of Australia’s largest gaming and resort operators, and Elan Holdings in the distressed acquisition of a controlling interest in a 34.6-acre site formerly occupied by the New Frontier casino on Las Vegas Boulevard.
- Landstar System in its $87 million sale of supply chain subsidiaries to XPO Logistics.
- Envision Healthcare in its $1.1 billion initial public offering of common stock.
- HD Supply in its $1.1 billion initial public offering of common stock.
- Credit Suisse, Citigroup, BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, UBS Investment Bank, Jefferies, J.P. Morgan and RBC Capital Markets as underwriters in the $301.8 million secondary offering of common units of CVR Partners.
- Mitsui in establishing a significant joint venture with Celanese to manufacture methanol at Celanese’s plant in Clear Lake, Texas.
- Culligan in the US, Canada and Europe in its successful out-of-court restructuring of more than $700 million in secured debt obligations, a leading provider of global water treatment solutions, and over 40 affiliates.
- Oriental Trading Company in its successful pre-arranged Chapter 11 reorganization.
- A group of investors, including Oaktree Capital Management and Avenue Capital, in the acquisition of the assets of the Sea Island Resort through its Chapter 11 case.
- Sithe Global Power in its sale of a 50% interest in Goreway Station to Chubu and Toyota Tsusho.
- Babcock & Brown in its $1.33 billion acquisition of Coinmach, a leading supplier of outsourced laundry equipment services.
- MBK Partners in its $1.6 billion acquisition of China Network Systems. At the time of signing, this transaction was the largest leveraged buyout in the Asia Pacific region outside of Japan.
- Columbia Broadcasting System in the creation of a new television network known as "The CW" through the combination of the programming of CBS's UPN 9 with that of Warner Brothers' "The WB," a transaction valued at $760 million. Debevoise acted as U.S. tax counsel.
- Principal Financial in its $740 million acquisition from Washington Mutual of WM Advisors, manager of approximately $26 billion in assets, including the WM Group of Funds.
- New York University, 1994, LL.M.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, 1993, J.D.
- National Chengchi University, 1987, B.S.