Jaesuk Yoo is a counsel based in the New York office and is a member of the firm’s Corporate Department and Aviation Practice Group. He focuses his ...
Read Full Biography
- American Airlines and AMR, as special aircraft counsel, in their successful Chapter 11 proceedings involving the restructuring of complex financing arrangements relating to more than 400 aircraft generating savings in excess of $1.8 billion and to the raising of more than $9 billion of new financing through various capital markets, syndicated lending and other financing transactions. This restructuring was honored by Turnarounds & Workouts as one of a dozen “Successful Restructurings – 2013.”
- American Airlines in its restructuring during its Chapter 11 proceeding of mortgage financings of 216 Embraer regional jet aircraft with the Brazilian export credit agency, Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social–BNDES, and Embraer.
- American Airlines in its $1 billion offering of 7.50% senior notes due 2016 and secured by route authorities, airport landing and take-off slots, and rights to use or occupy airport terminals.
- American Airlines in its agreements with Bombardier and Embraer to purchase, in aggregate, 90 new 76-seat regional jets with options to purchase up to 130 more.
- American Airlines (2013-2) in its $2.2 billion offering of EETCs secured by 75 Boeing aircraft, the largest EETC to date in terms of both aggregate proceeds and number of aircraft in the collateral pool, a transaction which won the Airline Economics Aviation 100 “2014 Debt Deal of the Year” award.
- American Airlines (2011-2) in its $725 million offering of EETCs secured by 43 Boeing aircraft.
- American Airlines (2011-1) in its $657 million offering of EETCs secured by 30 Boeing aircraft.
- American Airlines in its Rule 144A $276 million offering of notes secured initially by cash collateral and subsequently by 12 Boeing aircraft.
- Delta Air Lines (2015-1) in its $500 million offering of EETCs secured by 15 Boeing aircraft, which was the first EETC to feature the now market-standard Class “AA” senior tranche.
- Delta Air Lines in arrangements in 2015 and 2016 for leases of 10 Boeing 737-900ER aircraft and 14 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft from subsidiaries of CIT Group.
- Delta Air Lines (2011-1) in its $395 million offering of EETCs secured by 26 Boeing aircraft.
- Delta Air Lines (2010-2) in its $608 million offering of EETCs secured by 28 Airbus, Boeing and McDonnell Douglas aircraft.
- Delta Air Lines (2010-1) in its $550 million offering of EETCs secured by 24 Boeing aircraft.
- LG Electronics in the establishment of a strategic alliance with Viking Range Corporation, including distribution of LG-brand home appliances through Viking distributors in the United States and expanding Viking’s international distribution.
- Spirit Airlines in its $576.6 million offering of EETCs secured by 15 Airbus aircraft, which was Spirit Airlines’ inaugural EETC offering.
- Spirit Airlines in mortgage financings for up to $185 million with a syndicate of banks involving senior and junior loans for the purchase of five Airbus A320 aircraft.
- Spirit Airlines in mortgage financings for up to $379 million with a syndicate of banks involving senior and junior loans for the purchase of seven new Airbus A320-200 aircraft and three new Airbus A321-200 aircraft.
- Cornell Law School, 2007, J.D.
- Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, 1997, B.A.