Jeremy Feigelson, a litigation partner, is Co-Chair of the firm’s Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice and is a member of the firm’s Intellectual ...
Read Full Biography
- A major hospitality and gaming company in a trademark and breach of license dispute in the Southern District of New York, and a major restaurant company in a trademark and breach of licensing dispute before the American Arbitration Association.
- Alcon Laboratories in its challenge with the National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau concerning advertisements by Bausch & Lomb regarding its ReNu MultiPlus contact lens solution.
- Copyright litigation matters on behalf of a leading publisher of biographical directories and a leading Hollywood entertainment magazine.
- Prominent consumer technology companies in confidential, successfully resolved state Attorney General investigations of matters involving popular personal electronic devices.
- The American Association of Publishers and five publishing houses in responding to a Department of Justice antitrust investigation in connection with the proposed settlement of a copyright infringement action challenging Google’s plan to build a virtual library.
- A major video game company in a First Amendment challenge to a public authority’s content-based removal of outdoor advertising.
- A major music company in the defense of consumer fraud litigations, and government investigations by multiple state attorneys general and the Federal Trade Commission, arising out of the use of copy-protection software on music CDs.
- Entertainment, false advertising, copyright and trademark litigation and counseling matters for a wide range of clients, including the producers of a popular musical stage show and a PBS affiliate; a leading cable television network in a dispute over rights to a popular reality show; trademark matters for clients in multiple industries, including fashion, beverage and pharmaceuticals; and a national radio company in a trademark dispute over rights to a popular character on a morning drive show.
- A major Internet service provider in state attorney general investigations regarding online privacy, marketing and safety practices; regular advice to clients on Internet terms of service and privacy policies, online marketing practices and related matters.
- Defense of defamation and other publication tort cases for publishers and broadcasters; pre-publication review and counseling regarding defamation, copyright, trade secrets, government secrets and related issues; and counseling and litigation defense on a wide range of U.S. law matters for a leading South American media company.
Exemplary representations in the area of financial services include:
- A major financial services firm in the defense of litigations relating to auction rate securities.
- Investors and firms affected by the Madoff fraud in the ensuing litigations and other disputes.
- A major insurer in securities class action and derivative litigation over its participation in the market for CDOs and other mortgage-backed instruments.
- The founder of a prominent Internet company in class actions, derivative litigation and related matters concerning alleged backdating of stock options.
- Frequent counseling on litigation and employment issues for the firm’s private equity clients and their portfolio companies.
- Major financial services companies in litigation under the New York State Freedom of Information Law.
- A global insurance company in an internal investigation, and defense of a government investigation, regarding alleged bid-rigging by insurance brokerages.
- A major mutual fund firm in SEC and state attorney general investigations of market timing. A major U.S. bank in an internal review regarding the loss of customer data and associated issues under data privacy laws, and a review regarding allegations of money laundering by a bank customer.
- University of Chicago Law School, 1991, J.D.
- Princeton University, 1984, A.B.