Judith L. Church is a member of the firm’s Corporate Department and the Intellectual Property Practice Group. Ms. Church’s practice focuses ...
Read Full Biography
Life Sciences Industry
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare, a global manufacturer of medical products.
- Lannett in its acquisition for $1.23 billion in cash, plus additional contingent consideration, of Kremers Urban Pharmaceuticals, the U.S. specialty generic pharmaceuticals subsidiary of global biopharmaceuticals company UCB.
- Pediatric Services Holding Corporation, the parent of Pediatric Services of America, in its sale to J.H. Whitney Capital Partners.
- Healogics, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of Accelecare Wound Centers.
- Actavis in its acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Durata Therapeutics, a pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics for patients with infectious diseases and acute illnesses, for $675 million plus contingent value rights.
- United Biosource, a portfolio company of Whitney, Oak Hill and Berkshire Partners, in its $730 million sale to Medco Health Solutions.
- Bear Stearns, Citigroup, Solomon Smith Barney and JPMorgan Chase as lead underwriters in various stock offerings by Endo Pharmaceuticals.
- Misys in the pending combination of its healthcare business with Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, with Misys acquiring a 54.5% interest in the new company.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of Del Laboratories, a company that distributes a wide variety of cosmetics under brand names and over-the-counter pharmaceutical products.
- Misys in an investment agreement and marketing services agreement between its subsidiary Medic Computer Systems and Healtheon/WebMD.
- Mitsui in its acquisition of the Thermo Trilogy business of Thermo Electron.
- North Castle Partners in its acquisition of Avalon Natural Products.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Cyanco International, the largest global producer of sodium cyanide.
- American International Group in its $5.56 billion acquisition of Validus Group, a Bermuda-based, NYSE-listed, (re)insurance company.
- Resolution Life in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to Global Bankers Insurance Group.
- Kuvare in its acquisition of United Life Insurance Company.
- Prudential Financial in its life insurance joint venture with CT Corp in Indonesia.
- Apex Fund Services in its sale to Genstar Capital, a leading middle-market private equity firm.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of Tranzact Holdings, the leading provider of comprehensive, direct-to-consumer sales and marketing solutions for insurance carriers in the U.S., from White Mountains Insurance Group.
- Dover Corporation in its $780 million acquisition of Wayne Fueling Systems from Riverstone Holdings.
- Hussmann, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its $1.5 billion sale to Panasonic.
- Nassau Reinsurance Group, a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital, in its $217.2 million acquisition of The Phoenix Companies.
- Sun Life Financial in the intellectual property and information technology aspects of its $975 million acquisition of Assurant’s Employee Benefits business.
- Dover Corporation on its €425 million acquisition of Tokheim Group’s dispensers and systems businesses (including a post-closing license to intellectual property).
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of Sirius Computer Solutions, a leading national IT solutions integrator.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in its $365 million sale to Sequential Brands.
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of AmeriLife Group.
- Global Atlantic Financial Group in the sale of its Bermuda and Lloyd’s insurance and reinsurance businesses to BTG Banco Pactual.
- Schneider Electric in the sale of its custom sensors and technologies division to Carlyle and PAI, based on an enterprise value of $900 million, and its reinvestment of approximately $100 million.
- AXA in its acquisition of 51% of Mercantil Colpatria’s insurance operations in Colombia for COP 672 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 60% stake in John Deere Landscapes, a unit of Deere & Company’s Agriculture & Turf segment, in a transaction valued at $465 million.
- Gogo in its $187 million initial public offering of common stock.
- Goldman Sachs in the formation, separation and disposition of Global Atlantic Financial Group.
- Oriental Trading Company in its sale to Berkshire Hathaway.
- Booz Allen Hamilton, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, in its $2.25 billion leveraged recapitalization.
- AmBev in its acquisition of Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana.
- Goldman Sachs Reinsurance Group in its acquisition of the Bermuda-based reinsurance operations of Ariel Holdings.
- International Lease Finance Corporation in its acquisition of AeroTurbine from AerCap for $228 million.
- Stone Point Capital and Hellman & Friedman in obtaining EU merger control approval for their $1.1 billion acquisition of Sedgwick Claims Management Services, the leading global provider of technology-enabled claims and productivity management solutions.
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of Booz Allen Hamilton’s U.S. government consulting business, a transaction valued at $2.54 billion.
- Alibaba.com in the contribution by Yahoo! of its Yahoo! China business to Alibaba and its $1 billion purchase of Alibaba shares from the company and other shareholders to acquire a 40% economic interest with 35% voting rights in Alibaba, making it the largest strategic investor in Alibaba, a transaction valued at over $4 billion.
- Chrysler in its $435 million sale of New Venture Gear to New Process Gear, a joint venture to be initially owned 80% by Magna International and 20% by DaimlerChrysler.
- Kinko’s in the $2.4 billion sale of Kinko’s to FedEx Corporation.
- Mitsui in its acquisition of SunWize Technologies, a solar technology company.
- Pernod Ricard in its sale of the Seagram’s vodka brands in the U.S. to Young’s Holdings.
- Phelps Dodge in its $600 million sale of Columbian Chemical Company to One Equity Partners, an affiliate of JP Morgan Chase, and DC Chemical, a South Korean chemical company.
- Rexel S.A. in its $725 million acquisition of GE Supply from General Electric.
- Ripplewood and Oak Hill Capital in the financings for the $3.4 billion acquisition of RSC Equipment Rental.
- Columbia Law School, 1992, J.D.
- University of New Mexico, 1979, M.A.
- Antioch College, 1975, B.A.