Catherine (“Kate”) Walsh is an associate in the Litigation Department.
Ms. Walsh joined Debevoise in 2017. From 2020 to 2022, she clerked for ...
Read Full Biography
- Prudential Financial, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, AXA Equitable, Guardian Life, Massachusetts Mutual and Teachers in a qui tam complaint, brought under the New York False Claims Act, seeking over $14.5 billion in damages for alleged failures to escheat life insurance benefits to the state. This followed successful representations of each firm in a years-long investigation by the New York Attorney General (NYAG) into the escheatment practices of the life insurance industry, at the conclusion of which NYAG declined to pursue the claims itself.
- Tribune Media Company in its lawsuit against Sinclair Broadcast Group in connection with the failed $3.9 billion acquisition of Tribune by Sinclair.
- MetLife, its Board of Directors and certain officers in securities class actions arising from the company’s practices with regard to unclaimed life insurance benefits.
- Toyota in In re Rail Freight Fuel Surcharge Antitrust Litigation (No. II).
- StockX in a dispute brought by Nike for alleged trademark infringement related to StockX’s Vault Nike NFTs.
- Columbia Law School, 2017, J.D.
- Georgetown University, 2012, B.A.