Kevin Lloyd is based in the firm’s London office and is a member of the Commercial Litigation Group. Mr. Lloyd is a leading English solicitor, with ...
Read Full Biography
Directors and Officers
- Directors of MG Rover in a DTI investigation (which ran for around 4 years) and the defence of significant High Court claims against them.
- Directors of Greycoat on its insolvency in claims brought by the Liquidator against former directors.
- Administrators of TXU and Nortel in pursuing claims against former directors in significant insolvencies.
- SCB in pursuing claims against directors of Spedley and ANI.
- Citigroup as lead syndicate member in the $2.1 billion Fairfax litigation.
- Citigroup in successfully resisting major tax investigations.
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce as lead manager in claims of over £200 million against it in the High Court by Natixis arising out of the failed Box Clever securitisation.
- Unicredit in significant litigation regarding the sale of notes.
- BBL in enforcing obligations against ANI on a letter of comfort.
- NAB as lead syndicate member in litigation regarding the collapse of Giant Resources Group.
- SCB in recovery of large sums on collapse of Spedley Group.
- SCB in recovery of funds in Giant Resources collapse.
- Chase in resisting large claims following the collapse of a large third party investment entity.
- Morgan Stanley as arranger in a range of issues in the Orb Securitisation.
- PWC in the successful defence of multi-billion dollar claims regarding the audits of Beneficial Finance (a wholly owned subsidiary of State Bank of South Australia).
- PWC in the successful defence of a range of matters including management consultant advisory work (claims in misrepresentation), tax advice and various audits.
- PWC in successfully representing partners in disciplinary proceedings.
- Arthur Andersen in the successful defence of multibillion dollar claims regarding the audit of Bond Group.
- Arthur Andersen in successfully representing partners in disciplinary proceedings, including Wickes JDS Hearing.
- Arthur Andersen on defence of audits on the collapse of AWA, a large insurance group.
- Deloitte on the successful defence of audits of the Adsteam Group, which included multibillion dollar claims.
- KPMG in various matters including successful defence of audits regarding Ilkeston Society.
- BDO in various matters including claims regarding the acquisition of Baur Group and audits of H&L.
- BDO in representing partners in disciplinary proceedings.
Insolvency Related Matters
- Ernst & Young as Administrators of TXU , a failed energy group, which included a major corporate collapse and cross-border litigation lasting several years.
- SCB as Receiver of Spedley Group , involving major complex litigation regarding billions of dollars.
- SCB in defence of significant preference claims.
- Citigroup in the collapse of Fairfax Group.
- Ernst & Young in significant claims arising from the collapse of Damovo Group.
- Ernst & Young as joint administrators of Nortel Networks (UK) and various other Nortel EMEA companies in all litigious aspects of the worldwide Nortel insolvency, including claims against the Canadian and U.S. Nortel entities in respect of the ownership of $7.5 billion business sale and proceeds. The matter saw Debevoise was named Litigation Team of the Year at the Transatlantic Legal Awards, as well as being named the Grand Prize Winner in the disputes category of the Global Legal Awards, both schemes run by The American Lawyer.
- NLMK in its successful defence in the English High Court against an application to enforce a Russian arbitral award that had been set aside by the Russian courts.
- FSCS (a government body) in pursuing a large body of significant misselling claims.
- BAT Industries in proceedings arising from the $1 billion clean-up of the Fox River in the U.S., including proceedings brought by BAT in the High Court against Appvion and Windward Prospects (certain companies which used to form part of the BAT Group) and proceedings seeking to ensure the recovery of around $800 million in dividends paid by Windward to a company called Sequana.
- Philip Noble in the English High Court in the successful defence of claims brought pursuant to a Demerger Agreement. The amounts in dispute were £100 million. The claims were based in contract, tort and equity. We also successfully represented Mr. Noble in the appeal in summer, 2016.
- London Underground in recovering monies from bondholders / shareholders in a PPP scheme.
- HIG in a complex commercial dispute.
- FSCS (a government body) in the investigation regarding the collapse of Keydata.
- Directors of MG Rover in a DTI investigation (which ran for around 4 years).
- Advising in the Security Pacific investigation.
- Citibank in the Fairfax Investigation.
- A number of high-profile individuals in a range of disputes.
- Professionals (including lawyers, accountants and valuers) in a number of professional negligence claims.
- Advising on a range of insurance issues.
- University of Cambridge, 1982, LL.M.
- University College London, 1977, LL.B.