Maxim Osadchiy is a member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group, resident in London. His practice focuses on commercial and investment ...
Read Full Biography
- The Russian Federation in several disputes brought by former subsidiaries of Yukos Oil under the Energy Charter Treaty, including an arbitration brought by Financial Performance Holdings relating to an alleged expropriation and other breaches. In that matter, the claimant withdrew its claims and we obtained a full costs order for our client.
- A major Russian infrastructure company in VIAC proceedings concerning suspension and subsequent termination of a railroad project in Libya during the Arab Spring.
- An energy company in two related ICC arbitrations arising out of construction of the submarine natural gas pipeline between Egypt and Israel.
- A Danish oil and gas company in two parallel SCC arbitrations relating to cost overruns and delays in a complex oilfield expansion project in Kazakhstan.
- A multinational consumer goods company in its LCIA arbitration arising out of breach of warranties relating to an English law governed acquisition of a major pharmaceutical business in Russia.
- A Canadian investor in its mining arbitration against the Republic of Kyrgyzstan brought under the Kyrgyz Foreign Investment Law and the UNCITRAL Rules with respect to the Republic’s cancellation of rare earth licences.
- A joint venture in its potential Energy Charter Treaty claims against a central Asian State concerning the imposition of certain fiscal measures in violation of investor’s legitimate expectations and tax stability.
- A large Russian investment company in its defence of an LCIA arbitration claim brought by a Russian individual, relating to a corporate dispute with respect to a manufacturing group.