Merryl Lawry-White is member of Debevoise & Plimpton’s International Dispute Resolution Group based in London.
Ms. Lawry-White’s practice ...
Read Full Biography
- An international NGO in its global litigation strategy regarding claims before UN human rights treaty monitoring bodies across multiple Latin American states.
- The State of Qatar and Qatari entities and individuals in international claims arising out of the measures imposed by the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Egypt against Qatar, including twice prevailing in proceedings on provisional measures before the International Court of Justice against the United Arab Emirates under the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, obtaining a unanimous decision in Qatar’s favor in proceedings before the International Court of Justice under the Chicago Convention and the International Air Services Transit Agreement, and in investment arbitrations and claims in other international tribunals.
- The Center for Reproductive Rights in securing UN recommendations to overturn El Salvador’s criminalization of abortion.
- Nova Group Investments in an ICSID claim against the Romanian Government under the Netherlands-Romania BIT in respect of the purported expropriation of its Romanian assets.
- New York University, LL.M.
- Nottingham Law School, GDL
- Nottingham Law School, L.P.C.
- University of Cambridge, M.A.