Mikhail Movshovich is a senior associate in the Moscow office and a member of the Corporate Department. He has over 10 years of experience in advising ...
Read Full Biography
- Alibaba in the joint venture of its AliExpress business in Russia with the Russian Direct Investment Fund, MegaFon and Mail.ru, aimed at integrating Russia’s key consumer internet and e-commerce platforms.
- MegaFon in its transaction with VimpelCom to discontinue their Euroset joint venture resulting in MegaFon taking control over 100% of Euroset.
- Universal Cargo Logistics Holding (UCL Holding) in a division of the shipbuilding and shipping business of Volgo-Balt Transport Holding (VBTH) with its minority shareholders, whereby the river cruise business of VBTH (Vodokhod Group) was taken over by the minority shareholders and UCL Holding consolidated 100% of VBTH, which has retained control of all of the shipbuilding and water cargo transportation assets.
- Vladimir Potanin Foundation in the organization of an unprecedented exhibition of Soviet and Russian contemporary art at the Centre Pompidou in Paris.
- One of the leading oil and gas field service contractors in Russia and the CIS in its acquisition of a Kazakhstan oilfield services business from one of the largest global oilfield services corporations.
- Shareholders of the International Center for Financial and Economic Development (MCFER) in the buyout of Wolters Kluwer’s stake in a joint publishing business in Russia and other CIS countries, followed by the sale of the consolidated business of MCFER to a major Russian publishing house (including advice on a pre-sale repatriation of the Russian business from foreign jurisdictions back to Russia).
- Titan Group in its establishment of a joint venture with Sibur and Gazprom Neft on the basis of the Omsk Polypropylene Plant (Poliom).
- A private investment company in its acquisition of a 50% interest in six office buildings in Moscow and the establishment of a 50/50 JV.
- Interros in an agreement with Millhouse and UC RUSAL on settlement of the shareholders’ conflict, corporate governance and sale of shares in MMC Norilsk Nickel.
- Interros in the sale of its stake in the logistics companies in the Sheremetyevo Moscow airport in favor of infrastructure fund TPS AVIA Holding.
- Sberbank in the acquisition of 70% stake in Cetelem Bank and formation of a joint venture with BNP Paribas Personal Finance.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of a 50% interest and further consolidation of a 100% stake in ZAO Group of Companies Electroshield – TM Samara.
- Forest Laboratories in its distribution agreement with a Russian pharmaceutical company.
- RusHydro in its acquisition of an office building in Moscow.
- NLMK in its acquisition of VMI Recycling Group, a group of companies that owns facilities for the collection and processing of ferrous scrap metal.
- One of the leading industrial groups in Russia in an asset exchange transaction.
- Chelyabinsk Tube Rolling Plant in its sale of real estate assets.
- Inter RAO in its acquisition of a business centre in Moscow from Horus Capital.
- Moscow State Institute for International Relations, 2006, M.A.
- Moscow State Institute for International Relations, 2004, B.A.