My Chi To is a corporate partner and a member of the firm’s Business Restructuring & Workouts Group. She has experience representing corporations, ...
Read Full Biography
- Capital International, as minority shareholder of QGOG Constellation, Brazil’s leading offshore drilling company, in the company’s debt restructuring to be implemented through a recuperação judicial proceeding in Brazil and a Chapter 15 proceeding.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America and certain other ceding insurers in the rehabilitation proceeding of Scottish Re pending in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- TPG Capital in its takeover of the existing assets of the Abraaj Group’s $1 billion Global Healthcare Fund.
- Gramercy Funds Management, as debtor-in-possession lender and one of the largest shareholders and creditors of Banro Corporation, a Canadian mining company with operations in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which successfully restructured under CCAA proceedings in Canada.
- Crescent Capital Group, KKR Credit Advisors and GoldPoint Partners, as prepetition noteholders and debtor-in-possession lenders to The Rockport Company and its subsidiaries, in the company’s Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Crescent Capital Group and GoldPoint Partners, LLC, as Holdco PIK noteholders of Catalina Marketing Corporation in connection with the company’s Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Ambac Assurance Corporation, a Wisconsin domiciled insurance company, in a holistic restructuring transaction that involved three exchange offers of existing debt securities and other payment obligations for approximately $2.2 billion of newly-issued debt securities, as well as a new-money financing collateralized by the future proceeds of certain litigation claims against RMBS originators.
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, in the ongoing highly-publicized and complex restructuring negotiations relating to PREPA’s and the Commonwealth’s extensive funded debt.
- The D. E. Shaw Group and Madison Dearborn Partners, as holders of notes and other claims against SunEdison, relating to a complex transaction arising from the $2.4 billion sale of wind farm operator First Wind.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the Chapter 11 proceedings of Energy Future Holdings and its subsidiaries. With over $49 billion in debt, EFH is the largest leveraged buyout ever to file for bankruptcy.
- Assured, as insurer of $2 billion of bonds and swaps issued by the toll road operator of the Chicago Skyway, which was sold for $2.8 billion to a consortium of Canadian pension plans.
- Hastings Fund Management Limited, as one of the sponsors of the operator of Texas toll road SH 130, in the Chapter 11 proceedings of SH 130 involving $1.3 billion of debt.
- ACP Re, National General Management and AmTrust North America in the negotiation and implementation of a conservation and liquidation plan for CastlePoint National Insurance Company, the remaining insurance company member of the Tower Group after the consolidation of 10 Tower Group insurance companies from six states to facilitate the conservation and liquidation of such companies for the benefit of policyholders.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Essar Steel Algoma in connection with the company’s CCAA proceedings in Canada.
- Boomerang Tube LLC in its pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings and successful restructuring of approximately $300 million of ABL and term loan debt obligations.
- Kelso & Company, the private equity sponsor of Logan’s Roadhouse, in Logan’s pre-arranged Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. Debevoise also represented Kelso and Logan’s in a privately negotiated exchange offer to holders of Logan’s senior secured notes resulting in the issuance of over $220 million in new senior secured notes.
- Berkshire Hathaway as secondary insurer under special revenue water and sewer bond obligations of the City of Detroit totaling $800 million, in Detroit's Chapter 9 bankruptcy case in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- American Airlines and AMR, as special aircraft counsel, in their successful Chapter 11 proceedings involving the restructuring of complex financing arrangements relating to more than 400 aircraft generating savings in excess of $1.8 billion and to the raising of more than $9 billion of new financing through various capital markets, syndicated lending and other financing transactions. This restructuring was honored by Turnarounds & Workouts as one of a dozen “Successful Restructurings – 2013.”
- A group of holders of convertible senior notes issued by Tower Group in the September 2014 maturity of the notes and Tower Group’s now completed merger with Bermuda-based reinsurer ACP Re Ltd.
- The U.S. Department of Energy as senior secured lender in its $529 million loan awarded to green car manufacturer Fisker Automotive under the DOE’s Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program.
- Beijing Galloping Horse Film and Galloping Horse America in their acquisition of the visual effects and other assets of Digital Domain Productions in a Section 363 sale under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Oaktree Capital Management, as one of the largest investors in Woodside Homes, in its comprehensive out-of-court recapitalization led by Oaktree.
- Culligan and its private equity sponsor in a successful out-of-court change-of-control transaction that restructured more than $600 million in funded debt in advance of approaching maturities, with a substantial new-money equity investment by the acquiror and a return of equity to the pre-restructuring sponsor.
- Oriental Trading Company in its successful pre-arranged Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Oaktree Capital Management, as mezzanine lender, in the out-of-court restructuring of over $200 million of debt of Provo Craft & Novelty.
- Galderma as the stalking horse in a Section 363 sale by Graceway Pharmaceuticals.
- University of Oxford, 1998, M.Phil.
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, 1995, LL.B.
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, 1994, LL.L.