An interdisciplinary team of Debevoise & Plimpton lawyers will speak at the 2018 International Bar Association Annual Conference in Rome, Italy, a multi-day event featuring panel sessions on a wide array of legal themes. The firm’s line-up of presenters includes:
- William Y. Chua, speaker, “Corporate governance hot topics.”
- Luke Dembosky, speaker, “IBA Showcase: cybersecurity – launch of IBA guidelines” and “Data privacy and cybersecurity litigation.”
- Tony Dymond, moderator and session co-chair, “Performance security alternatives and effectiveness: show me the money.”
- Deborah Enix-Ross, Vice Chair of the Bar Issues Commission, “ABA Breakfast at the Bar: Changes in the delivery of legal services.”
- Mark W. Friedman, speaker, “Should there be general principles for the application of soft law?”
- Ina C. Popova, session chair, “A case study: the practical use of UNIDROIT Principles for international commerce.”
- Dietmar W. Prager, speaker, “Arbitration breakfast masterclass.”
- David W. Rivkin, speaker, “Arbitral Awards Annulled on the ground of breach of due process” and “IBA Rule of Law Program: Business and Human Rights.”
- Paul M. Rodel, session chair, “Dual-class share voting structures for listed companies: are they here to stay?”
- Rebecca F. Silberstein, session chair, “The investment fund manager‘s guide to risk management: mitigating litigation, regulatory and other existential franchise risk” and “Hot Topics and burning regulatory developments for investment funds.”
Additionally, of counsel Frederick T. Davis and partner Rebecca F. Silberstein will represent the firm as members of the International Bar Association’s Legal Practice Division (LPD). LPD comprises more than 50 committees tasked with working on projects to benefit their practitioners, including constructing guidelines for best practice, model rules and checklists, and training proposals and databases to collate and share information. Mr. Davis is co-chair of the LPD Business Crime Committee and Ms. Silberstein is chair of the Investment Funds Committee.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. We deliver effective solutions to our clients’ most important legal challenges, applying clear commercial judgment and a distinctively collaborative approach.