Oleg Semenov is an associate in the Moscow office and a member of the Corporate Department. His practice focuses on M&A, general corporate and regulatory ...
Read Full Biography
- ExxonMobil, the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, in the Sakhalin-1 project.
- PJSC MegaFon in its joint venture with SLV Group to merge the Svyaznoy and Euroset retail chains. The combined company operates the largest technology retail chain in the world by number of stores.
- Universal Cargo Logistics Holding (UCL Holding) in a division of the shipbuilding and shipping business of Volgo-Balt Transport Holding (VBTH) with its minority shareholders, whereby the river cruise business of VBTH (Vodokhod Group) was taken over by the minority shareholders and UCL Holding consolidated 100% of VBTH, which has retained control of all of the shipbuilding and water cargo transportation assets.
- The principal shareholder of NLMK in its block sale of shares and global depository receipts under Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- One of the leading oil and gas field service contractors in Russia and the CIS in its acquisition of a Kazakhstan oilfield services business from one of the largest global oilfield services corporations.
- Shareholders of the International Center for Financial and Economic Development (MCFER) in the buyout of Wolters Kluwer’s stake in a joint publishing business in Russia and other CIS countries, followed by the sale of the consolidated business of MCFER to a major Russian publishing house (including advice on a pre-sale repatriation of the Russian business from foreign jurisdictions back to Russia).
- A Russian investment company in the restructuring of its group consisting of investment, management and development companies (including antitrust filings with the FAS of Russia).
- Uralkali in its up to $800 million pre-export finance facility with a syndicate of eight international banks.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of a 50% interest and further consolidation of a 100% stake in ZAO Group of Companies Electroshield – TM Samara.
- A private investment company in its acquisition of a 50% interest in six office buildings in Moscow and the establishment of a 50/50 JV.
- Sberbank in the acquisition of 70% stake in Cetelem Bank and formation of a joint venture with BNP Paribas Personal Finance.
- Ingenico, a leading worldwide manufacturer of electronic payment terminals and provider of payment solutions, in acquisition of its major distributor in Russia and CIS.
- Uralkali in its $1 billion pre-export facility agreement provided by a syndicate of 14 international banks.
- RusHydro in its acquisition of an office building in Moscow.
- The selling shareholder in the sale of 100% of Oilpump Service to Baker Hughes.
- State University – Higher School of Economics, 2010, Law Degree