Rebecca Urquiola is an associate in the Litigation Department.
Her practice primarily focuses on white collar criminal defense, regulatory enforcement ...
Read Full Biography
- A CEO in a seven-week criminal trial involving allegations of fraud and bribery.
- Various global companies and private equity firms in conducting anti-corruption and trade compliance due diligence relating to potential transactions and investments around the world.
- CPPIB Credit Investments, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, and OMERS, the defined benefit pension plan for Ontario’s municipal sector employees, in separate investments totaling $900 million in Odyssey Group, a U.S. based reinsurance and insurance subsidiary of Fairfax.
- Two leading international firms relating to whistleblower complaints alleging corruption in public procurement processes in Mexico.
- A major insurance company in an internal investigation regarding potential FCPA violations in Chile.
- The audit committee of a U.S. company in an internal investigation into a potential anti-corruption issue.
- A securities brokerage platform in an internal investigation into recent outage issues and responding to related regulatory inquiries.
- Dozens of inmates seeking relief in federal courts around the country from onerous sentences resulting from outdated mandatory sentencing provisions that were disproportionately invoked against Black men.
- Gramercy Funds Management and Gramercy Peru Holdings in winning a $100 million award in an UNCITRAL arbitration against the Republic of Peru relating to Peru’s agrarian reform bonds, which is the largest amount awarded against Peru in any treaty arbitration and the first decision finding Peru liable under the U.S.-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
- Roderick Byrd in state and federal post-conviction proceedings with respect to sentence of death imposed after trial in Jefferson County, Alabama, Circuit Court.
- Norma Garcia-Chox and her son who were separated after arriving in the United States under the Zero-Tolerance Policy resulting in the son being granted affirmative asylum.
- A client detained at Port Isabel Detention Center in Texas after being separated from his son while currently seeking asylum for them both.
- Helping individuals from underserved Latin American communities with immigration-related matters in the United States.
- Columbia Law School, 2017, J.D.
- Cornell University, 2014, B.A.