Sarah Hale is a corporate associate based in the London office and a member of the firm’s Insurance and Financial Institutions Groups.
Ms. Hale’s ...
Read Full Biography
- GreyCastle in its sale to Monument Re, advising on the complex offshore UK / Bermuda life insurance structure. Debevoise also advised on the original establishment of GreyCastle.
- Covéa Group in its $9 billion acquisition, later terminated, of PartnerRe.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the merging of its Lloyd’s business with Canopius. The transaction will create a top-five insurer at Lloyd’s with combined premiums of approximately $2.2 billion.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the sale of its domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations to Liberty Mutual.
- Hamilton Insurance Group in its acquisition of Pembroke Managing Agency and Ironshore Europe DAC from Liberty Mutual.
- Hanover Insurance in its $950 million sale of Chaucer, its Lloyd's-focused international specialty business, to China Re.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Temasek in its strategic investment in BluJay Solutions, a leading provider of supply chain software and services.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the acquisition of Carestream Dental, an industry-leading provider of dental digital product lines and services, from Carestream Health/Onex.
- American International Group in several transactions with Fairfax Financial, a leading global property and casualty insurer and reinsurer, as part of a strategic partnership in 12 jurisdictions across Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.