Sean Hecker is an experienced trial lawyer whose practice focuses on white collar criminal defense, internal investigations and complex civil litigation. ...
Read Full Biography
- Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with the U.S., Brazilian, and Singaporean criminal authorities in relation to corrupt payments to Petrobras and other Brazilian officials.
- Société Générale in securing a deferred prosecution agreement and first coordinated resolution between the DOJ and France’s Parquet National Financier regarding claims of potential corruption of foreign officials in Libya.
- A former senior executive of a global healthcare company in DOJ and SEC investigations of potential accounting and FCPA issues.
- A former executive of a leading financial services company in an SEC investigation of potential FCPA issues involving hiring practices in Asia.
- Multiple individuals at various financial institutions in DOJ and CFTC investigations relating to foreign exchange trading practices.
- A hedge fund founder in DOJ and SEC investigations of potential insider trading.
- A former government official of an African nation in FCPA and money laundering charges in the Southern District of New York.
- A Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- A major investment bank in federal and state regulatory investigations relating to mortgage origination, underwriting and securitization practices.
- Several foreign financial institutions in the DOJ Tax Division’s Program for Swiss Banks.
- Multiple individuals in multi-jurisdictional investigations concerning foreign currency trading.
- The former global head of structured-products ABS collateralized debt obligations at a major investment bank in an SEC inquiry into the offering of notes in a synthetic CDO.
- A large pharmaceutical company in conducting internal investigations of alleged corruption at two European subsidiaries.
- The audit committee of the board of directors of a multinational consulting firm as independent counsel in an internal investigation of potential FCPA violations relating to projects in the Middle East, Latin America and Asia.
- A multinational consumer products company in an internal investigation regarding allegations of procurement and expense abuse fraud.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in defending against a $3.4 billion contract and tort claim by generic drug manufacturer Apotex, winning a unanimous jury verdict of no liability.
- Siemens’s Audit Committee in a worldwide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials leading to an early settlement with the U.S. and German authorities.
- A large pharmaceutical company in a grand jury investigation of antitrust and related criminal charges, as well as in securities class action litigation.
- Several individuals in the SEC’s investigation of sales of CDOs backed by subprime mortgages.
- Several individuals in stock options back-dating investigations conducted by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York, the SEC, and the New York County District Attorney’s Office.
- Stanford Law School, 1997, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1994, M.P.P.
- Columbia University, 1992, B.A.