Shashwat Patel is a tri-qualified corporate associate based in the firm’s London office. He regularly represents multinational corporations and private ...
Read Full Biography
- A U.S. private equity fund in a complex GP fund restructuring involving the establishment of a new fund to acquire assets.
- CHC Group CHC Helicopter in restructuring its aircraft finance arrangements.
- The Poddar family in the sale of their remaining shareholding in Ashirvad Pipes to Aliaxis.
- SBM Ventures in its investment in mPharma, an Africa-based company that manages prescription drug inventory for pharmacies and their suppliers in various African jurisdictions.
- A large Swedish pension fund in its co-investment in a UK utility company.
- Helios Investment Partners in the formation of a joint-venture with GBfoods targeting the African fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector, creating one of Africa's largest FMCG groups, operating in 30 African countries, including leadership positions in Nigeria and Ghana.
- Helios Investment Partners in a subsequent investment in MallforAfrica, a Nigerian e-commerce company.
- HarbourVest Partners in its £806.6 million acquisition of the investment portfolio of SVG Capital, a publicly listed investment fund. The acquisition followed an initial £1,015 million takeover offer by HarbourVest Partners for SVG Capital. The deal has been recognized by various industry award schemes, including the PEI Awards and being named Private Equity Deal Of The Year at the IFLR European Awards.
- HarbourVest Partners in its secondary acquisition of limited partnership interests from multiple sellers in funds managed by Indigo Capital Partners.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $219 million acquisition of ANV Holding, a Lloyd's platform.
- HarbourVest Partners in its co-investment with IK Investment Partners in the Salad Signature group, a Dutch and Belgian food business.
- HarbourVest Partners, Neuberger Berman, HQ Capital and Idinvest Partners in the acquisition of limited partnership interests and a related stapled investment in funds managed by Mandarin Capital Partners.
- Progressive Asset Management in its sale of 100% of the share capital of Cavendish Administration to Praxis Fund Services.
- Dover Corporation on its €425 million acquisition of Tokheim Group’s dispensers and systems businesses.
- Nereus Capital in its joint venture with Hareon Solar and Treasury Group to invest in solar projects in India.
- AIF Capital as a selling shareholder in the sale of certain female healthcare businesses of Famy Care, the world’s largest producer of oral contraceptive pills, to Mylan.
- Helios Investment Partners in its minority investment in Wananchi Group as part of a $130 million investment from Helios and existing shareholders.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of up to a 49% stake in NYSE-listed CHC Group, the world's largest commercial helicopter operator with an enterprise value of $1.9 billion.
- Tribune in the acquisition by its technology and innovation arm, Tribune Digital Ventures, of What’s-ON, a leading television search and Electronic Program Guide data provider for India and the Middle East.
- Baring Private Equity Asia in its $360 million acquisition of Nord Anglia Plc.
- Johnson & Johnson in the sale of its worldwide intimate health business to Reckitt Benckiser, a UK-based consumer goods company.
- CDH Fund V, L.P., a $2.6 billion growth capital fund focused on investments in China.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the £585 million senior secured credit facilities for its investment in B&M Retail.
- Helios Investment Partners in its investment in MallforAfrica, a Nigerian e-commerce company.
- Columbia Law School, 2012, LL.M.
- Gujarat National Law University, 2009, B.Sc.
- Gujarat National Law University, 2009, LL.B. (Hons.)