Vadim Kolomnikov is a Senior Associate in the Moscow office and a member of the firm’s Real Estate and Infrastructure, Corporate and Dispute Resolution ...
Read Full Biography
Real Estate and Infrastructure
- A subsidiary of Sberbank in its acquisition from International Centre JSC of an office and retail complex, including underground parking space, with a total area of over 300,000 square metres located at the crossing of Kutuzovsky Avenue and Kulneva Street, opposite Moscow International Business Center (Moscow-City). The complex comprises three buildings on two land plots and will be used for the purpose of developing a new headquarters for Sberbank (“Sberbank City”). Debevoise provided overall legal support for the transaction at all stages, including due diligence of the relevant entities, buildings, land plots and other assets of the complex; transaction structuring; drafting and negotiating transaction documents; and legal support of transaction closing.
- Transneft in its $1.2 billion acquisition of the Evolution Tower office building in the Moscow International Business Center (Moscow-City) from City Palace LLC. Representation of Transneft included legal due diligence of the building and land plot, preparation and negotiation of a draft sale and purchase agreement for the future real estate and legal support in the signing and closing of the transaction. This deal is the largest on the Russian commercial real estate market.
- NLMK in all phases of the construction of the pelletizing facility at the Stary Oskol Mining and Processing Plant, including the drafting and negotiation of EPC Agreement and amendments thereto.
- Sberbank in a development project for the construction of Sberbank’s technology park in the grounds of Skolkovo Innovation Centre.
- An owner of property in a potential sale of a multifunctional complex in the centre of Moscow.
- Transneft in the refurbishment of the Evolution Tower in the Moscow International Business Centre (Moscow-City) and drafting and negotiation of an EPC Agreement and Project Management Agreement.
- Transneft in various issues relating to the management of jointly owned property arising out of the ownership of the Evolution Tower office building in the Moscow International Business Centre (Moscow-City).
- PPF Real Estate in the second stage of construction of ComCity Office Park in Moscow with a total area of approximately 130,000 sq.m involving the preparation of an EPC Agreement and a Project Management Agreement containing specific provisions relating to three different types of properties, including residential properties, hotels and office buildings.
- Capital Group in the opening of the first boutique hotel operated by Penta Hotels Worldwide in the Book on the New Arbat in Moscow, including drafting and negotiation of an Agreement for the assignment of rights and obligations under several agreements in respect of hotel management and operation.
- Metalloinvest Group in preparation and update of model Supply Agreements for iron ore products and EPSS Agreement for the basic engineering, detailed engineering, technological equipment supply and technical assistance for the plant construction.
- Norilsk Nickel in the project for the construction of nickel/cobalt storage facility in Finland.
- Titan Group in drafting and negotiation of EPSS Agreement for the basic engineering, detailed engineering, equipment supply and technical assistance for the construction of metallurgical silicon production plant.
- A private investor in the construction of a multifunctional shopping and entertainment centre in the Moscow Region, including analysis of the construction project structure, resolution of complex legal issues relating to the land plot, development of various options for relations between investors, structure of the acquisition of title to future immovable properties, due diligence of key documents in respect of land plots and permit documentation, negotiations with the counterparty, drafting and negotiation of draft purchase and lease agreements in respect of future immovable property.
- One of the world’s largest food and beverages companies in matters relating to the termination of a lease agreement for commercial property in the centre of Moscow.
- FC Uralsib Group in an investment project for the construction of a premium residential complex in the centre of Moscow, including negotiation of a fee development agreement.
- LLC Chrysler in the structuring of the acquisition of land for the construction of production facilities in Russia financed by Sberbank (including review of all relevant issues related to such acquisition: establishment of the land plot, changes to the permitted use, obtaining technical specifications for connection to engineering and utilities infrastructure facilities, etc.).
- Mosinzhproekt in the development of options for implementation of the project for the construction of the South-West metro line from Novatorov Street station to Stolbovo station and commercial and residential real estate jointly with Chinese investors China International Fund Limited and China Railway Construction Corporation Limited. The work on the project included development of the contractual model for implementation of the project, options for financing of the project by the Chinese investors and analysis of options for provision of the land plots for construction of the metro line and commercial and residential real estate.
- Transneft in its proposed purchase of a business centre in Moscow.
- NMLK in the drafting and negotiation of a lease agreement for an “A” class business centre and parking spaces in the centre of Moscow.
- A major European developer in drafting an EPC contract for a major retail and sporting facility in Moscow.
- A major steel company in a proposed purchase of an “A” class business center in Moscow.
- Costa Construction, a major Turkish construction company, in a number of Russian construction projects including a building in Kozikhinskiy Lane in Moscow, a business centre and a hotel in Rostov-on-Don.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Sberbank in its acquisition of a controlling stake in 2GIS, an international digital maps and city guides company.
- A private investment company in its acquisition of a 50% interest in six office buildings in Moscow and the establishment of a 50/50 JV.
- A private investor in all aspects of acquisition of an interest in the project for the development of Snegiri ECO, a premium multifunctional residential complex, including provision of financing and acquisition of premises under the shared construction agreements.
- A major forwarder of mineral fertilizers in a sale of stake in its share capital to a strategic investor.
- A private investor in the sale of a stake in a group of companies owning several high-profile investment land plots in the Moscow region.
- A large Russian mining and metallurgical company at the pre-trial stage, including the settlement process, in a potential SCC arbitration against a major German engineering company related to the breach of a contractor agreement.
- NMLK in multiple disputes against a Turkish general contractor related to the construction one of the pelletizing facility.
- A subsidiary of the Russian large steel company in its claim at the SCC arbitration in Stockholm against an Austrian engineering company in connection with numerous delays with the supply of the project documentation and production equipment.
- A major Russian developer in court proceedings regarding invalidation of the refusal to provide a land plot and to enter into a lease agreement for such land plot in respect of the construction of a residential building in Moscow.
- Costa Construction, a major Turkish construction company, in pre-litigation advice on a land-marking Moscow residential property.
- Russian School of Private Law, 2015, M.A.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law, 2013, Law Degree