Zain A. Kazmi is a tax associate and a member of the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group.
Mr. Kazmi joined Debevoise in 2017. During the ...
Read Full Biography
- Constellation, backed by institutional investors Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in its $1 billion acquisition of Ohio National, as part of Ohio National’s demutualization process.
- HCA Healthcare in its acquisition of a majority stake in Brookdale Health Care Services, the home health, hospice and outpatient therapy business of Brookdale Senior Living.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of 28 domain extensions and certain other business assets owned and operated by Minds + Machines Group Limited.
- HealthEdge and its controlling shareholder, Blackstone, in the acquisition of Altruista, a care management software company that delivers care management and population health management solutions that support value-based and person-centered care models.
- Kindred Healthcare in the sale of its RehabCare business line, a provider of contract therapy services in 43 states, to Select Rehabilitation, a leading provider of contract rehabilitation services.
- The Carlyle Group in its majority investment in TriNetX, a leading global health research network optimizing clinical research to bring new therapies to market faster.
- Steven Cohen and Cohen Private Ventures in the $2.4 billion acquisition of the Mets.
- The Carlyle Group in its $175 million investment in Grand Rounds, a leader in healthcare quality and clinical navigation.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of an 80% controlling stake in Operation Technology / ETAP Automation, the leading software platform for electrical power systems modeling and simulation.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of Neustar’s Registry business, a registry technology platform that includes an extensive portfolio of top-level domains.
- AXA Equitable Holdings in its agreement to sell U.S. Financial Life Insurance Company & MONY Life Insurance Company of the Americas.
- Resolution Life in its $1.25 billion acquisition of Voya Financial’s individual life in-force business.
- InterXion in its combination with Digital Realty, valuing InterXion at $8.4 billion.
- AFP Habitat in its acquisition of Colfondos from Scotiabank and Mercantil Colpatria.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its sale of CoAdvantage to Aquiline Capital.
- Elliott Management in its $683 million acquisition of Barnes & Noble, the largest retail bookseller in the U.S.
- Citizens Financial Group in its agreement to purchase certain assets of Bowstring Advisors, an Atlanta-based merger and acquisition advisory firm.
- Atlas Merchant Capital in its investment in Ascensus, the largest independent recordkeeping services provider, third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator in the United States.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, with Humana, in their $1.4 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in the $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare.
- CVC Capital Partners in its investment in Republic Finance, a consumer loan provider.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of SunSource, a distributor of hydraulic and pneumatic fluid power products in the U.S. and Canada.
- Temasek in its strategic investment in BluJay Solutions, a leading provider of supply chain software and services.
- New York University School of Law, 2016, J.D.
- Baruch College, City University of New York, 2012, B.B.A.