Bruce Yannett is Deputy Presiding Partner of the firm and Chair of the White Collar & Regulatory Defense Practice Group. He focuses on white collar criminal defense, regulatory enforcement and internal investigations.
Read Full Biography
- Chambers Global 2016, FCPA
- Chambers USA 2015, White Collar Crime & Government Investigations
- Chambers USA 2015, FCPA Experts
- Legal 500 2015, White Collar Criminal Defense “Superstar”
- IFLR Benchmark 2016, White Collar Crime “Star”
Defending Companies and Executives
- A Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- Former CEO of Valeant Pharmaceuticals in government investigations relating to the company’s restatement and sales practices.
- Former CEO of Hewlett-Packard in regulatory investigations and civil litigation.
- Former CEO of Bank of America in governmental enforcement action and civil litigation.
- Large financial services company in New York Attorney General investigation of possible securities laws and Martin Act violations.
- Lead trial counsel for leading financial services company in multi-billion dollar securities fraud class action resulting in very favorable settlement for client on eve of trial.
- Global manufacturing company in an SEC investigation into possible FCPA violations.
- Large financial services company in investigation by DOJ of mail fraud violations.
- A foreign engagement partner of a Big Four auditing firm in a two-week Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) disciplinary hearing, trial and appellate proceeding.
Conducting Internal Investigations
- Rolls-Royce in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with UK, U.S. and Brazil investigating authorities relating to bribery and corruption involving intermediaries in a number of overseas markets.
- Global energy company in connection with allegations of corruption in various countries.
- An internal review for a special committee of a large retailer arising from a data breach.
- Internal investigation of senior management on behalf of a special committee of a public company board of directors.
- Siemens AG’s Audit Committee in a world-wide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials leading to an early settlement with the U.S. and German authorities.
- New York University School of Law, 1985, J.D.
- Brown University, 1980, B.A.