Drew Dutton is a corporate partner based in Hong Kong and Shanghai. Mr. Dutton regularly represents financial institutions, private equity sponsors, sovereign ...
Read Full Biography
- AXA in the $335 million sale of its mandatory pension business in Hong Kong to the Principal Financial Group.
- AIA Group in the extension of its $3 billion Medium Term Note Programme to 144A investors in the U.S.
- AIA Group in its landmark exclusive bancassurance partnership with Citibank to distribute its insurance products to 11 countries in the Asia-Pacific region. This was the largest ever bancassurance deal in Asia.
- AIG in its agency distribution joint venture with PICC Life Insurance Co. Ltd. in the PRC.
- AIA Group Limited in its $1.7 billion acquisition of ING's Malaysian insurance businesses.
- FLAG Capital Management in its acquisition of Squadron Capital, a Hong Kong-based private equity investment firm.
- AIA Group Limited in the $109 million acquisition of Sri Lanka’s leading insurance company, Aviva NDB Insurance, from Aviva and Sri Lanka’s National Development Bank.
- AIA Group Limited in an exclusive 20 year bancassurance agreement with National Development Bank in Sri Lanka.
- American International Group and American International Assurance Company in AIG's agreement with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York to reduce the debt AIG owes the FRBNY by $25 billion and position AIA and American Life Insurance Company Inc. for initial public offerings.
- Prudential Financial Inc. in its strategic cooperation with Fosun Group, China’s leading private investment company, to establish a $600 million private equity fund and a related joint venture in the PRC.
- AIG and AIA in the proposed sale of AIA to Prudential plc for $35.5 billion.
- American International Group in its $2.16 billion sale of its 97% interest in Nan Shan Life Insurance Company to Ruen Chen Investment Holding Co. and Pou Chen Corporation.
- AIG and AIA Group Limited (AIA) in AIA’s separation from AIG and $20.51 billion initial public offering and listing in Hong Kong, constituting the largest IPO in Hong Kong’s history and the world’s largest IPO in the insurance sector.
- AIG in the proposed sale of Nan Shan Life Insurance Company to Primus Financial Holdings for $2.15 billion.
- AIG and AIA in AIG’s agreement with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRBNY) to reduce the debt AIG owed to the FRBNY by $25 billion and position AIA for a third party sale or IPO.
- Université Paris XI Paris-Sud, 1997, DESS
- McGill University, Faculty of Law, 1996, LLB
- Harvard University, 1992, AB