Drew Dutton is a corporate insurance partner who regularly represents financial institutions, private equity sponsors, sovereign wealth funds and multinational ...
Read Full Biography
- American International Group in its sale of its Japan life insurance business to FWD.
- American International Group in its sale of a $1.2 billion stake in PICC Property and Casualty by means of a block trade.
- AIA Group in the establishment of its $5 billion Rule 144A Medium Term Note Programme and subsequent offerings.
- Capital International in its approximately $200 million acquisition of a minority stake in Mankind Pharma, an Indian pharmaceutical company.
- American International Group in the sale of a $750 million stake in PICC Property and Casualty by means of a block trade in Hong Kong.
- Russia China Investment Fund in its investment in TutorGroup.
- Clearwater Capital Partners in the establishment of an Indian credit platform, and the approximately $300 million collective co-investment by Clearwater Capital Partners and two other large global investors.
- AIA Insurance Lanka, a subsidiary of AIA Group, on the LKR 3.2 billion sale of its stake in AIA General Insurance Lanka to Janakashi Insurance.
- Standard Chartered in a 15-year distribution partnership providing Manulife the exclusive right to offer its Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) product to Standard Chartered’s customers in Hong Kong, and the acquisition by Manulife of Standard Chartered’s existing MPF and Occupational Retirement Schemes Ordinance businesses.
- American International Group in its $158 million sale of its Taiwan consumer and SME businesses to Nan Shan Life Insurance in Taiwan.
- Ingenico in its strategic partnership with Fosun International and acquisition by Fosun of a 20% minority stake in Ingenico’s Chinese activities.
- AIA Group in its offering of $750 million of 3.20% senior notes due 2025, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Hanwha SolarOne in its $2 billion acquisition of Hanwha Q CELLS.
- AXA in the $335 million sale of its mandatory pension business in Hong Kong to the Principal Financial Group.
- AIA Group in its landmark exclusive bancassurance partnership with Citibank to distribute its insurance products to 11 countries in the Asia Pacific region. This was the largest ever bancassurance deal in Asia.
- American International Group in its agency distribution joint venture with PICC Life Insurance Co. Ltd. in the PRC.
- AIA Group in its $1.7 billion acquisition of ING's Malaysian insurance businesses.
- FLAG Capital Management in its acquisition of Squadron Capital, a Hong Kong-based private equity investment firm.
- AIA Group in the $109 million acquisition of Sri Lanka’s leading insurance company, Aviva NDB Insurance, from Aviva and Sri Lanka’s National Development Bank.
- AIA Group in an exclusive 20 year bancassurance agreement with National Development Bank in Sri Lanka.
- American International Group (AIG) and American International Assurance Company in AIG's agreement with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York to reduce the debt AIG owes the FRBNY by $25 billion and position AIA and American Life Insurance Company for initial public offerings.
- Prudential Financial in its strategic cooperation with Fosun Group, China’s leading private investment company, to establish a $600 million private equity fund and a related joint venture in the PRC.
- American International Group and AIA Group in the proposed sale of AIA Group to Prudential for $35.5 billion.
- American International Group in its $2.16 billion sale of its 97% interest in Nan Shan Life Insurance Company to Ruen Chen Investment Holding Co. and Pou Chen Corporation.
- American International Group (AIG) and AIA Group in AIA Group’s separation from AIG and $20.51 billion initial public offering and listing in Hong Kong, constituting the largest IPO in Hong Kong’s history and the world’s largest IPO in the insurance sector.
- American International Group in the proposed sale of Nan Shan Life Insurance Company to Primus Financial Holdings for $2.15 billion.
- Université Paris XI Paris-Sud, 1997, D.E.S.S.
- McGill University, Faculty of Law, 1996, LL.B.
- Harvard University, 1992, A.B.