Ina C. Popova is a member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group and is based in New York. Ms. Popova is admitted to the Paris and ...
Read Full Biography
- Pueblo Viejo Dominicana, a joint venture between Barrick Gold and Goldcorp Inc., in a dispute with the Government of the Dominican Republic regarding the Pueblo Viejo gold, silver and copper mine, which is reported to be the largest foreign investment in the Dominican Republic.
- Perenco Ecuador against the Republic of Ecuador in ICSID proceedings concerning Ecuador's amendment of the Hydrocarbons Law to increase the State's participation to 99% of all revenues from oil sales above a fixed ""reference price.""
- Norilsk Nickel and Interros International Investments in a dispute with United Company Rusal, including LCIA arbitration proceedings and related court litigation in the United States, England, Russia, Switzerland, St. Kitts & Nevis and The Netherlands.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries in an ICC arbitration involving disputes between the shareholders of Hyundai Oilbank Ltd. (HDO), South Korea’s fourth largest oil refining and marketing company.
- A major publicly-listed mining company in a dispute with an African government regarding a mining project.
- Swiss cement manufacturer Holcim in its ICSID arbitration against the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela for the expropriation of its Venezuelan subsidiary, in which Holcim announced a settlement for some US$650 million.
- The U.K. Government as amicus curiae in litigation before U.S. federal courts and the United States Supreme Court.
- Siemens’s Audit Committee in a world-wide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials leading to an early settlement with the US and German authorities.
- US multinational corporations in European, German and Austrian law aspects of FCPA investigations and OFAC sanctions
- Harvard Law School, 2007, LL.M.
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, 2006, Maîtrise en droit
- University of Cambridge, 2006, B.A.