James Scoville is a corporate partner whose practice focuses on securities matters and capital markets transactions. He advises both issuers and underwriters ...
Read Full Biography
- Norilsk Nickel in its $1 billion Eurobond offering of 6.625% notes due 2022.
- Uralkali in a buyback programme of its Common Shares and GDRs with a total purchase amount of $1.32 billion.
- Otkritie Financial Corporation in the purchase by its subsidiary of 5,593,041 Class B shares in QIWI, a NASDAQ-listed company.
- AIA Group Limited in its offering of $750 million of 3.20% senior notes due 2025, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Hanwha SolarOne in its acquisition of Hanwha Q CELLS in a deal valuing the combined company at $2 billion.
- NLMK in a tender offer in respect of its $800 million 4.45% loan participation notes due 2018 and $500 million 4.95% loan participation notes due 2019 (issued by Steel Funding Limited) in the aggregate principal amount of $121.7 million.
- AIA in its $1 billion Rule 144A placement in the United States.
- Norilsk Nickel in its $1 billion offering of 5.55% Loan Participation Notes due 2020 pursuant to Regulation S/Rule 144A.
- Norilsk Nickel in its $750 million Eurobond offering of 4.375% notes due 2018.
- Uralkali in its debut $650 million Eurobond offering of 3.723% notes due 2018.
- Polyus Gold International Limited in its debut $750 million Eurobond offering of 5.625% notes due 2020.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Mobile TeleSystems in the RUB5.09 billion acquisition by Mobile TeleSystems of a 25.095% stake in MTS Bank.
- Baring Vostok Capital Partners in the sale by Baring Vostock – managed funds and other shareholders of $607 million of shares in Yandex, a NASDAQ listed company.
- NLMK in its $800 million Eurobond offering of 4.375% notes due 2018.
- Cascade Investment, an entity wholly owned by Bill Gates, in its investment along with U.S. co-investors of up to $1 billion in OCI, N.V., an affiliate of Orascom Construction Industries.
- NLMK in its debut $500 million Eurobond offering of 4.95% notes due 2019.
- Polyus Gold International Limited in its $9 billion premium listing on the London Stock Exchange.
- KazakhGold Group Limited in a reverse takeover of Polyus Gold valued at approximately $10 billion.
- Uralkali in its $8.1 billion merger with Silvinit.
- Baring Vostok Capital Partners, as selling shareholder in the $1.4 billion NASDAQ initial public offering by Yandex, the leading internet company and most popular search engine in Russia.
- Exova in its £155 million high-yield offering of 10.5% senior notes.
- OJSC Polyus Gold in its public offer for 50.1% of KazakhGold Group Limited.
- Ripplewood Holdings in its €532 million sale of AEG Power Solutions B.V. to Germany1 Acquisition Limited.
- JSC RusHydro in its listing on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Catlin Group in its £200 million rights issue, underwritten by JP Morgan and UBS.
- Citi and Credit Suisse in the €225 million IPO and listing on Euronext Paris of shares by Paris Re Holdings Limited.
- Chelyabinsk Zinc Plant in its $315 million, OJSC Novolipetsk Steel on its $609 million, and OGK-2 in its $1.05 billion initial public offerings of shares and global depositary shares and listings on the London Stock Exchange.
- Norilsk Nickel in the spinoff of its gold assets and the creation of Polyus Gold, a major international gold company, and the subsequent listing of Polyus Gold on the London Stock Exchange.
- RAO UES in its restructuring and spinoff of OGK and TGK subsidiaries.
- Rank Group Limited in a €900 million high-yield bond facility in its bid for SIG Holding.
- Dartmouth College, 1983, A.B.
- University of Chicago Law School, 1987, J.D.