Karolos Seeger is a partner in the firm’s White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group and International Dispute Resolution Group, based in the London ...
Read Full Biography
- Rolls-Royce in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with UK, U.S. and Brazil investigating authorities relating to bribery and corruption involving intermediaries in a number of overseas markets.
- ENRC, a leading natural resources group, in its criminal investigation by the SFO into allegations of fraud, bribery and corruption relating to the activities of the company or its subsidiaries in Kazakhstan and Africa.
- A major automotive corporation as Claimant in consolidated ICC London arbitration proceedings against Volkswagen in respect of a dispute involving a multibillion euro cross-shareholding and arising out of a commercial alliance formalised in December 2009.
- Ferrostaal AG, a global provider of industrial services in plant construction and engineering, in an extensive internal compliance investigation relating to allegations of corruption and other wrongdoing in several jurisdictions.
- Numerous clients on compliance issues arising from the implementation of the new UK Bribery Act, including reviewing and devising compliance manuals and programmes.
- A leading energy group on potential exposure under previous UK bribery legislation.
- A leading business figure in international law claims arising out of his candidacy for President of the Republic of Georgia, and, following his death, his family in worldwide litigation over attempts to strip his multi-billion-dollar estate, including proceedings in England and the US and lengthy trials in Gibraltar.
- Siemens AG’s Audit Committee in a worldwide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials, leading to an early settlement with the U.S. and German authorities.
- Occidental Exploration and Production Company in its successful defence to a jurisdictional challenge against a $75 million UNCITRAL arbitration award brought by the Republic of Ecuador in the English High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Central European Media Enterprises (CME) in an arbitration against the Czech Republic brought under The Netherlands-Czech BIT and the UNCITRAL Rules, asserting claims that the Czech Media Council’s actions had deprived CME of its interest in the most successful commercial television station in Eastern Europe. The Tribunal issued an award of over $350 million, which the Czech Republic satisfied.
- A multinational petroleum company in an ICC arbitration regarding the construction of a preferential purchase rights provision in an international Joint Operating Agreement based on the 1990 AIPN Model Form.
- A major U.S. construction and engineering corporation in adjudication and arbitration proceedings in London relating to a delay and disruption claim in connection with a PFI project.
- Université Libre de Bruxelles, 1997, Diplome d'Etudes Complementaires du 2eme cycle en Droit Européen (Scholar of the Wiener Anspach Foundation)
- University of Oxford, Faculty of Law, 1996, M.A.