Lawrence Cagney is Chair of the firm’s Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits Group. He designs compensation plans and programs for public ...
Read Full Biography
- Amazon.com in its acquisition of Elemental Technologies, pioneers in software-defined video solutions for multiscreen content delivery.
- Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of a majority interest in the asset management business of AR Capital, acquisition of the wholesale distribution business of RCS Capital and substantial minority equity investment in RCS Capital.
- StanCorp Financial Group in its $5 billion sale to Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company.
- Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in its $365 million sale to Sequential Brands.
- The Board of Directors of Sotheby’s in the structuring and negotiation of an employment agreement with Thomas S. Smith, entered into on his appointment as Sotheby’s Chief Executive Officer.
- JAB Holdings, the controlling shareholder of Coty, in the structuring and implementation of a new equity compensation program for Elio Leoni Sceti, the newly appointed Chief Executive Officer of Coty, and several of his direct reports.
- The Financial Services Roundtable with regard to the analysis of the DOL’s proposed changes regarding who is a fiduciary under ERISA and the Code.
- The Compensation Committee of the Walt Disney Company in renewing the employment agreement of Robert Iger, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Verizon Communications in the $10.54 billion sale of its local wireline operations in California, Florida and Texas to Frontier Communications.
- Amazon.com in its $970 million acquisition of Twitch Interactive, the leading live video platform for gamers.
- Prudential Financial Inc. with regard to executive compensation matters.
- Tribune Media Company in its spin-off of Tribune Publishing Company.
- Various private equity investment fund sponsors, including HarbourVest Partners, with regard to their duties and responsibilities under ERISA.
- Northwestern Mutual in its $2.7 billion sale of Russell Investments to the London Stock Exchange Group.
- Protective Life in its $5.7 billion merger with a subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life, a life insurance company listed on the Tokyo stock exchange.
- TIAA-CREF in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Nuveen Investments, a diversified investment management company with $221 billion in assets under management.
- Allianz Global Investors in regard to the structure and implementation of an equity incentive program for executives at PIMCO, its U.S. based asset management subsidiary.
- AXA Financial in the $1.06 billion sale of MONY Life Insurance Company and reinsurance of an in-force book of life insurance policies to Protective Life Insurance Company.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Dell in the financing aspects of the $24.9 billion sale of Dell to an investor group including Michael Dell and Silver Lake.
- W.P. Carey & Co. LLC, a leader in structuring real estate financing transitions, with regard to a wide array of employment and executive compensation related matters.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1981, J.D.
- Fordham University, 1978, A.B.