Lawrence Cagney is Chair of the firm’s Executive Compensation & Employee Benefits Group. He designs compensation plans and programs for public ...
Read Full Biography
- The Board of Directors of Sotheby’s in the structuring and negotiation of an employment agreement with Thomas S. Smith, entered into in connection with his appointment as Sotheby’s Chief Executive Officer.
- JAB Holdings, the controlling shareholder of Coty, in the structuring and implementation of a new equity compensation program for Elio Leoni Sceti, the newly appointed Chief Executive Officer of Coty, and several of his direct reports.
- The Financial Services Roundtable with regard to the analysis of the DOL’s proposed changes regarding who is a fiduciary under ERISA and the Code.
- The Compensation Committee of the Walt Disney Company in renewing the employment agreement of Robert Iger, the Company’s Chief Executive Officer.
- Verizon Communications in the $10.54 billion sale of its local wireline operations in California, Florida and Texas to Frontier Communications.
- Amazon.com in its $970 million acquisition of Twitch Interactive, the leading live video platform for gamers.
- Prudential Financial Inc. with regard to executive compensation matters.
- Tribune Media Company in its spin-off of Tribune Publishing Company.
- Various private equity investment fund sponsors, including HarbourVest Partners, with regard to their duties and responsibilities under ERISA.
- Northwestern Mutual in its $2.7 billion sale of Russell Investments to the London Stock Exchange Group.
- Protective Life in its $5.7 billion merger with a subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life, a life insurance company listed on the Tokyo stock exchange.
- TIAA-CREF in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Nuveen Investments, a diversified investment management company with $221 billion in assets under management.
- Allianz Global Investors in regard to the structure and implementation of an equity incentive program for executives at PIMCO, its U.S. based asset management subsidiary.
- AXA Financial in the $1.06 billion sale of MONY Life Insurance Company and reinsurance of an in-force book of life insurance policies to Protective Life Insurance Company.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Dell in the financing aspects of the $24.9 billion sale of Dell to an investor group including Michael Dell and Silver Lake.
- W.P. Carey & Co. LLC, a leader in structuring real estate financing transitions, with regard to a wide array of employment and executive compensation related matters.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1981, J.D.
- Fordham University, 1978, A.B.