Mark Goodman is a litigation partner and seasoned trial lawyer who represents clients in a broad variety of matters, with emphasis on complex civil litigation, ...
Read Full Biography
- Successful defense of Bristol-Myers Squibb in a $3.4 billion jury trial involving a contract dispute.
- A major hospital corporation in civil and criminal matters arising out of the nationwide recall of an adulterated prescription medication.
- Bechtel Corporation in personal injury and wrongful death allegations arising on the clean-up of the World Trade Center relating to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- A major pharmaceutical company in an internal review of its compliance program and related practices.
- Special committees of the boards of directors of two major pharmaceutical companies charged with conducting internal investigations concerning how certain clinical trials were designed and run, and how the trial results were treated.
- Security Capital Assurance in the successful dismissal -- on a motion to dismiss -- of securities class action claims alleging that SCA misstated, or failed to disclose, information on a registration statement and a prospectus concerning its alleged exposure to subprime- and CDO-related risks.
- Amit Vijayvergiya, former Partner and Chief Risk Officer of hedge fund firm Fairfield Greenwich, in civil litigation and regulatory investigations relating to the Bernard L. Madoff matter.
- A major publically traded insurance company in class action securities litigation arising from the company’s IPO.
- Security Capital Assurance as plaintiff in an action against Countrywide Home Loans, Inc. involving revolving home equity loan asset backed notes insured by XL Capital.
- American Airlines in litigation arising out of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- The former CEO and Chairman of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies in connection with proceedings brought by the Nigerian government related to the antibiotic Trovan.
- A senior pharmaceutical executive in an investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s office in Boston of alleged off-label promotion of a prescription medication.
- Several corporate defendants in the asbestos litigation.
- A number of private equity firms in analyzing the litigation and FCPA risks associated with potential acquisitions and investments.
- A private equity firm in shareholder litigation relating to a going private transaction.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in defending against a $3.4 billion contract and tort claim by generic drug manufacturer, Apotex, Inc., winning a unanimous jury verdict of no liability.
- New York University School of Law, 1987, J.D.
- Sarah Lawrence College, 1983, B.A.