Matthew Kaplan is Deputy Chair of the firm’s Corporate Department, Co-Head of the firm’s Capital Markets Group and a member of the firm’s ...
Read Full Biography
- Booz Allen Hamilton in its $350 million offering of 5.125% senior notes due 2025.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in its registered public offering of $1.25 billion 2.80% notes due 2022 and $500 million floating rate notes due 2022.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in its registered public offering of $1.50 billion 4.322% subordinated notes due 2031.
- Warner Music Group in a two–part refinancing transaction, including its offer and sale of $250 million 4.875% dollar-denominated senior secured notes due 2024 and an offering of €345 million 4.125% euro-denominated senior secured notes due 2024 and the retirement of $450 million of outstanding dollar-denominated senior notes and €157 million of euro-denominated senior notes.
- Warner Music Group in its $300 million offering of 5% senior secured notes due 2023.
- Booz Allen Hamilton, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, in the refinancing of its $1.58 billion term loan credit facility.
- Hertz in its $2.5 billion spin-off of its equipment and rental business.
- Gogo Inc. in its $525 million offering of 12.5% senior secured notes due 2022.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in its $1 billion offering of covered bonds and $3.75 billion offerings of fixed rate notes due 2018 and floating rate notes due 2020.
- Guardian Life Insurance in the establishment of its $3 billion global funding agreement-backed debt issuance program, including its inaugural offering of $500 million offering of funding agreement-backed fixed rate notes due 2021.
- Getty Images in its $250 million debt-for-debt exchange and exploration of related balance sheet alternatives.
- Spirit Airlines in its $576.6 million offering of EETCs secured by 15 Airbus aircraft, which was Spirit Airlines’ inaugural EETC offering.
- Gogo Inc. in the private offering of $362 million of its 3.75% convertible senior notes due 2020 and in privately negotiated forward stock purchase transactions of $140 million.
- Corporate Risk Holdings (f.k.a. Altegrity), a global, diversified risk and information services company, together with its operating businesses Kroll, HireRight and USIS, in their pre-negotiated Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, in which they restructured more than $1.8 billion in indebtedness. This restructuring was honored by Turnarounds & Workouts as one of ten “Successful Restructurings 2015.”
- Gogo Inc., the world’s leading provider of in-flight connectivity, in its $187 million initial public offering of common stock.
- Booz Allen Hamilton and The Carlyle Group in several transactions through which approximately $2 billion of Booz Allen Hamilton common stock was sold to the public by Carlyle.
- Warner Music Group in its $765 million acquisition of the Parlophone Label Group (PLG) from Universal Music Group. (the sale of PLG was required by the European Commission as a condition to its approval of Universal acquiring sole control of the activities of EMI).
- Warner Music Group in its offering of $500 million of 6.000% senior secured notes due 2021 and €175 million of 6.250% senior secured notes due 2021 and related refinancing transactions.
- The Carlyle Group in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Getty Images.
- The Carlyle Group in several transactions through which it sold its remaining $548 million ownership interest in Triumph Group Inc.
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo as joint book-running managers in the $600 million offering by CIGNA Corporation of 4.500% senior notes due 2021 and 5.875% senior notes due 2041.
- Access Industries in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Warner Music Group.
- Access Industries in certain matters relating to its ownership interest in LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- RSC Equipment Rental in its $650 million offering of 8¼% senior notes due 2021.
- Booz Allen Hamilton in its $238 million initial public offering.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in the establishment of a U.S. registered retail medium-term notes program and subsequent offerings.
- Miller Buckfire as dealer manager in several debt restructurings, including Keystone Automotive’s 2011 debt-for-equity exchange offer and consent solicitation.
- Rothschild and Moelis & Company as dealer managers in YRC Worldwide Inc.’s 2009 debt-for-equity exchange offers and consent solicitations.
- RSC Equipment Rental, Inc. in several offerings, including its $200 million offering of 10¼% Senior Notes due 2019 and $400 million 10% Senior Secured Notes due 2017.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.6 billion investment in JohnsonDiversey.
- The Hartford Financial Services Group in several offerings, including its $500 million offering of 8.125% fixed-to-floating rate junior subordinated debentures due 2068; its $500 million offering of 6% senior notes due 2019; and $500 million offering of 6.3% senior notes due 2018.
- Bank of Ireland in the establishment of a U.S. registered medium-term notes program and subsequent offering of $3 billion of floating rate notes.
- Providence Equity Partners as controlling stockholder in connection with Tele1 Europe Holding AB’s $617 million global initial public offering.
- Columbia Law School, 1996, J.D.
- Colgate University, 1993, B.A.