Matthew Kaplan is a corporate partner, Co-Head of the firm’s Capital Markets Group and a member of the firm’s Banking and Private Equity Groups. ...
Read Full Biography
- Spirit Airlines in its $576.6 million offering of EETCs secured by 15 Airbus aircraft, which was Spirit Airlines’ inaugural EETC offering.
- Gogo Inc. in the private offering of $362 million of its 3.75% convertible senior notes due 2020 and in privately negotiated forward stock purchase transactions of $140 million.
- Corporate Risk Holdings (f.k.a. Altegrity), a global, diversified risk and information services company, together with its operating businesses Kroll, HireRight and USIS, in their pre-negotiated Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, in which they will restructure more than $1.8 billion in indebtedness.
- Gogo in its $187 million initial public offering of common stock.
- Booz Allen Hamilton and The Carlyle Group in several transactions through which approximately $1.1 billion of Booz Allen Hamilton common stock was sold to the public by Carlyle.
- Warner Music Group in its $765 million acquisition of Parlophone Label Group from Universal Music Group.
- Warner Music Group in its offering of $500 million of 6.000% senior secured notes due 2021 and €175 million of 6.250% senior secured notes due 2021 and related refinancing transactions.
- The Carlyle Group in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Getty Images.
- The Carlyle Group in several transactions through which it sold its remaining $548 million ownership interest in Triumph Group Inc.
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo as joint book-running managers in the $600 million offering by CIGNA Corporation of 4.500% senior notes due 2021 and 5.875% senior notes due 2041.
- Access Industries in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Warner Music Group.
- Access Industries in certain matters relating to its ownership interest in LyondellBasell Industries N.V.
- RSC Equipment Rental in its $650 million offering of 8¼% senior notes due 2021.
- Booz Allen Hamilton in its $238 million initial public offering.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in the establishment of a U.S. registered retail medium-term notes program and subsequent offerings.
- Miller Buckfire as dealer manager in several debt restructurings, including Keystone Automotive’s 2011 debt-for-equity exchange offer and consent solicitation.
- Rothschild and Moelis & Company as dealer managers in YRC Worldwide Inc.’s 2009 debt-for-equity exchange offers and consent solicitations.
- RSC Equipment Rental, Inc. in several offerings, including its $200 million offering of 10¼% Senior Notes due 2019 and $400 million 10% Senior Secured Notes due 2017.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.6 billion investment in JohnsonDiversey.
- Citi, J.P. Morgan and UBS Investment Bank as underwriters in Cigna Corporation's $300 million offering of senior notes.
- The Hartford Financial Services Group in several offerings, including its $500 million offering of 8.125% fixed-to-floating rate junior subordinated debentures due 2068; its $500 million offering of 6% senior notes due 2019; and $500 million offering of 6.3% senior notes due 2018.
- Bank of Ireland in the establishment of a U.S. registered medium-term notes program and subsequent offering of $3 billion of floating rate notes.
- Columbia Law School, 1996, J.D.
- Colgate University, 1993, B.A.