Richard Hahn is a corporate partner and Co-Head of the firm’s Business Restructuring & Workouts Group. He regularly represents debtors, creditors, ...
Read Full Biography
- A major company in the food industry in the $900 million refinancing and potential restructuring of its aggregate debt.
- Oriental Trading Company in its successful pre-arranged Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Delta Air Lines and Comair, as special aircraft counsel, in their successful Chapter 11 proceedings, involving the refinancing of more than 275 aircraft via new debt or lease arrangements, the return or other disposition of more than 140 aircraft, the elimination of four aircraft types from Delta’s fleet and the litigation of substantial aircraft financing claims.
- Pillowtex Corporation, a major manufacturer of sheets and towels, in its Chapter 11 liquidation case.
- Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel Corporation an integrated steel manufacturer, in its standalone Chapter 11 reorganization.
- AMR Corporation and American Airlines in their consensual out-of-court restructuring program with more than 100 aircraft financing parties generating savings in excess of $1 billion.
- DecisionOne Corporation in its prepackaged Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Dyersburg Corporation, a textile manufacturer, in its Chapter 11 liquidation.
- Forstmann & Company, a textile manufacturer, in its Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Homeland Stores, a supermarket chain, in its out-of-court restructuring.
- The Gitano Group, a major apparel company, in its out-of-court restructuring and subsequent Section 363 sale to Fruit of the Loom.
- Oaktree Capital Management in its Chapter 11 proceeding of Energy Future Holdings and its subsidiaries. With over $40 billion in debt, EFH is the largest leveraged buyout ever to file for bankruptcy. Oaktree is one of the largest creditors in the case.
- Syncora Holdings as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, including in connection with PREPA’s forbearance agreement with more than 60% of the holders of its $8.3 billion of outstanding bonds.
- GoldenTree Asset Management and various funds under its management in the out-of-court restructuring and corporate reorganization of Source Home Entertainment.
- Ad hoc committee of bondholders of Energy Future Holdings in its exchange offers and consent solicitations related to the out-of-court restructuring of more than $12 billion in debt.
- Bondholders of Laidlaw, in dual insolvency proceedings in the U.S. and Canada.
- LG Electronics as the principal creditor of Zenith Electronics Corporation in Zenith’s prepackaged Chapter 11 reorganization.
- MBIA in the out-of-court restructuring of American Forest Resources.
- XL Capital Assurance in the Chapter 11 reorganization of NRG Energy.
- Najafi Companies in its $435 million bid to acquire the assets of Borders Group in a Section 363 sale.
- Justice Gary S. Stein, as trustee and conservator of the Tropicana Atlantic City, in connection with the Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of Tropicana Entertainment LLC and the sale of the Atlantic City casino.
- Verizon Communications in the Chapter 11 sale of Genuity.
- Pegasus Communications Corporation in the Chapter 11 sale of Pegasus Satellite Communications.
- Grant Forest Products in the sale of assets to Georgia-Pacific for $400 million through simultaneous CCAA proceedings in Canada and Chapter 15 proceedings in the US.
- Columbia Law School, 1983, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1980, M.A.
- Harvard University, 1978, A.B.