Mr. Gesser is Co-Chair of the firm’s Data Strategy & Security Group. His practice focuses on advising major companies on a wide range of cybersecurity, ...
Read Full Biography
- A leading private equity firm concerning reputational, regulatory, operational, and governance risks related to artificial intelligence.
- A global fraud prevention platform in developing a comprehensive artificial intelligence ethics and governance framework, including relevant policies and procedures, governing committees, trainings, board briefings, and AI tabletop exercises.
- A major FinTech company on a broad range of artificial intelligence and data privacy issues concerning their use of machine learning and big data technologies, including related to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and the DFS cybersecurity regulation.
- Several leading insurers in developing artificial intelligence governance and compliance frameworks, including artificial intelligence risk assessments, bias testing, vendor oversight, board briefings, training of key stakeholders, and AI tabletops, among other activities.
- A Global Financial Services firm in several cybersecurity events relating to compromised accounts, phishing attacks, and other attempts to gain unauthorized access to the company’s computer systems.
- A global media company on intellectual property issues related to the license of archival media content for AI training and development.
- A major international bank in a comprehensive AI risk assessment for their artificial intelligence programs.
- Bank Hapoalim in a cross-border tax investigation by the United States Department of Justice, Federal Reserve, and New York Department of Financial Services.
- A leading financial institution with federal bank supervisory expectations concerning artificial intelligence and data governance.
- Several large insurance companies on artificial intelligence (AI) governance, AI regulatory compliance, AI risk assessments, AI policies, AI vendor management, AI bias training, AI incident playbooks, AI tabletop exercises, and board briefings on AI risk and oversight.
- Several large U.S. companies that have experienced large-scale ransomware attacks and data thefts.
- New York University School of Law, 1998, LL.M.
- University of Cambridge, 1995, LL.M.
- University of Manitoba, Faculty of Law, 1994, LL.B.
- University of Manitoba, 1991, B.Sc.