Benjamin Amos is an international counsel and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group, based in the London office. His practice focuses ...
Read Full Biography
- A major international financial investor in the formation of a €1 billion+ global infrastructure fund.
- HarbourVest Partners as lead investor in Secondary Fund II, a €350 million continuation vehicle sponsored by Portobello Capital, involving stakes in two Portobello-managed portfolio companies.
- Ardian and Pantheon as co-lead investors in a €1.2 billion annex fund, sponsored by Antin Infrastructure Partners, to buy minority stakes in four assets held by Antin’s 2016-vintage Fund III.
- Pantheon and LGT Capital Partners as lead investors in a continuation vehicle sponsored by Medicxi, a European life sciences investor, involving six preclinical- and clinical-stage assets.
- HarbourVest Partners as lead investor in the GP-led restructuring of Bridgepoint Capital’s €4.8 billion crisis-era fund, Bridgepoint Europe IV.
- A leading secondaries fund sponsor in its acquisition of a portfolio of venture capital and private equity interests from a major European private equity manager.
- Canson in the formation of its $100 million co-investment fund, which will co-invest in the acquisition of a majority stake in the Financial and Risk division of Thomson Reuters.
- Deutsche Bank in its co-investment into Medi-Globe.
- Park Square in the formation of Park Square Capital Partners III, a €1.2 billion subordinated debt fund.
- HarbourVest Partners in its €360 million acquisition, through a fund managed by Compass Partners International, of five portfolio companies from Bridgepoint Capital.
- Prudential Financial in its $350 million partnership with LeapFrog Investments, targeting investments in life insurance companies in Africa.
- HarbourVest Partners, Neuberger Berman, HQ Capital and Idinvest Partners in the secondary acquisition of limited partnership interests and a related stapled investment in funds managed by Mandarin Capital Partners.
- HarbourVest Partners in the €400 million secondary acquisition, through a newly-formed fund managed by Portobello Capital, of the private equity portfolio of Portobello Capital II LP, as part of a fund restructuring.
- Park Square in the formation of Park Square Capital Credit Opportunities II, a $2.4 billion senior debt programme.
- JF Lehman in the formation of JFL Equity Investors IV, an $833 million buyout fund.
- Liberty Mutual in the disposition of two separate portfolios of 50 private equity fund interests worth approximately $225 million.
- Odyssey Investment Partners in the formation of Odyssey Investment Partners Fund V, a $2 billion U.S. buyout fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the formation of Providence Equity Partners VII, a $5.1 billion global media, entertainment and communications fund.
- Providence Equity Partners in the sales of minority interests in the firm to a U.S. state pension fund and a non-U.S. sovereign wealth fund, and to a private equity unit of an independent investment manager.
- Tenex Capital Management in the formation of Tenex Capital Partners, a $452 million U.S. distressed debt fund.
- University of Oxford, 2003, B.A.
- City University London, 2004, GDL
- Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2010, J.D.