David Brittenham is a retired partner who is of counsel to the firm. He focused his practice on complex leveraged and acquisition financings, such as the ...
Read Full Biography
- Verizon Wireless in the financings and debt purchases relating to its acquisition of Alltel Corporation, a transaction valued at $28.1 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, The Carlyle Group and Merrill Lynch Private Equity in the senior credit and high yield financings of the $15 billion acquisition of The Hertz Corporation.
- Verizon Communications in the financing aspects of its $10.54 billion sale of its local wireline operations in California, Florida and Texas to Frontier Communications.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts in the financing aspects of the $7.1 billion acquisition of US Foods.
- Activision Blizzard in the financing aspects of its $5.9 billion acquisition of King Digital.
- Access Industries as a lead consortium investor in the $5.6 billion acquisition of Calpine.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its $5.5 billion acquisition of The ServiceMaster Company.
- The Hertz Corporation in the separation by spinoff of its Herc Rentals equipment rental business and $5.385 billion in related financings, including $2.4 billion Hertz term and revolving credit facilities, a $1.75 billion Herc asset-based revolving credit facility, and $1.235 billion in secured second priority Herc bonds.
- HD Supply in the $4.9 billion refinancing of its existing senior secured credit facilities and senior unsecured notes.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its $4.3 billion sale of Diversey Holdings to Sealed Air.
- RSC Holdings in the financing aspects of its $4.2 billion acquisition by United Rentals.
- The Hertz Corporation in its $1.8 billion asset-based revolving credit and $1.6 billion term loan facilities and refinancing of existing facilities, and its $700 million offerings of senior notes.
- Nationstar Mortgage, a leading mortgage servicer and originator, in its $3.8 billion merger with WMIH.
- Ripplewood and Oak Hill Capital in the senior credit and high yield financings of the $3.4 billion acquisition of RSC Equipment Rental.
- The Carlyle Group in the financing aspects of its $3.3 billion acquisition of Getty Images.
- Access Industries in the financing aspects of its $3.3 billion acquisition of Warner Music Group.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the senior credit and high yield financings of the $3 billion "sponsored spin-off" acquisition of a 47.5% interest in Sally Beauty.
- Warner Music Group in the refinancing of its existing senior secured notes and revolving credit facility with approximately $1.5 billion of term and revolving credit facilities and senior secured notes. Debevoise also represented Warner Music Group in approximately $1.3 billion in term credit facilities, including to finance its $765 million acquisition of the Parlophone Label Group from Universal Music Group.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its $2.5 billion acquisition of HD Supply’s Waterworks Division, the largest distributor of waterworks products in the U.S.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its acquisitions of Brand Energy and Harsco Infrastructure in a combined transaction valued at $2.5 billion.
- Hertz Global Holdings in its $2.3 billion acquisition of Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.
- Reynolds Group Holdings in the issuance of $2.1 billion senior secured fixed and floating rate notes and $800 million senior notes.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its definitive agreements to invest $500 million in CHC through the purchase of newly issued convertible preferred shares, valuing CHC at approximately $1.9 billion.
- Stone Point Capital in a $1.34 billion senior secured term loan facility, $200 million senior secured revolving credit facility and $535 million offering of senior notes in connection with Stone Point’s significant equity investment in Alliant Insurance Services.
- ServiceMaster in its new $1.82 billion term loan facility and $300 million revolving credit facility, refinancing and replacing its existing credit facilities.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its $1.8 billion acquisition of Ashland Water Technologies, a leading global supplier of specialty chemicals for process, functional and water treatment applications.
- Stone Point Capital and Hellman & Friedman in the financing aspects of their $1.1 billion acquisition of Sedgwick Claims Management Services.
- The Hertz Corporation in its $1.25 billion private offering of senior second priority secured notes due 2022.
- CVC Capital Partners in the financing aspects of its investment in Republic Finance, a consumer loan provider.
- Columbia Law School, 1984, J.D.
- Cornell University, 1977, B.A.