Eric T. Juergens is a corporate partner and a member of the firm’s Capital Markets, Banking and Private Equity Groups. His practice focuses on the ...
Read Full Biography
- AXA and AXA Equitable Holdings on the initial public offering of AXA Equitable Holdings on the New York Stock Exchange for approximately $4 billion, and AXA Equitable Holdings in its offering and sale of $3.8 billion of senior notes.
- A global insurance company in replacing the senior management of a subsidiary.
- Ambac Assurance Corporation, a Wisconsin domiciled insurance company, in a holistic restructuring transaction that involved three exchange offers of existing debt securities and other payment obligations for approximately $2.2 billion of newly-issued debt securities, as well as a new-money financing collateralized by the future proceeds of certain litigation claims against RMBS originators.
- Syncora Holdings in a reinsurance agreement with Assured Guaranty to reinsure approximately $13.5 billion of financial guaranty policies, representing 91% of Syncora's outstanding insured exposures.
- Warner Music Group in a two–part refinancing transaction, including its offer and sale of $250 million 4.875% dollar-denominated senior secured notes due 2024 and an offering of €345 million 4.125% euro-denominated senior secured notes due 2024 and the retirement of $450 million of outstanding dollar-denominated senior notes and €157 million of euro-denominated senior notes.
- International Paper in its $2.3 billion offering of 3.000% senior notes due 2027 and 4.400% senior notes due 2047.
- Syncora Holdings, a Bermuda-domiciled holding company, in its $1.2 billion comprehensive recapitalization, which included multiple exchange offers for debt and preferred equity, the private placement of approximately 31 million shares of its common stock and the elimination of the class of preferred shares exchanged. The transaction also included the implementation of structural protections of Syncora’s deferred tax asset and significant regulatory accommodations that may allow its insurance operating subsidiary to pay dividends in the future.
- Warner Music Group in its $300 million offering of 5% senior secured notes due 2023.
- Guardian Life Insurance in the establishment of its $3 billion global funding agreement-backed debt issuance program, including its inaugural offering of $500 million offering of funding agreement-backed fixed rate notes due 2021.
- The D. E. Shaw Group and Madison Dearborn Partners, as holders of exchangeable notes and other claims against SunEdison, in a complex transaction related to the $2.4 billion sale of wind farm operator First Wind, and D. E. Shaw as a member of the official committee of unsecured creditors in SunEdison’s Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- American Seafoods, the largest harvester of wild-caught fish for human consumption in the United States, in capital markets matters relating to its completed deleveraging recapitalization.
- Spirit Airlines in its $576.6 million offering of EETCs secured by 15 Airbus aircraft, which was Spirit Airlines’ inaugural EETC offering.
- Citizens Financial Group in structuring its corporate governance charters, policies and frameworks to comply with bank regulatory and listed company governance requirements in preparation for its $3.4 billion initial public offering.
- Syniverse Holdings, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, in the financing aspects of its €550 million acquisition of MACH.
- The Carlyle Group in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Getty Images.
- Booz Allen Hamilton, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group, in its $2.25 billion leveraged recapitalization.
- Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services in its $500 million offering of 8.50% senior unsecured notes due 2021.
- WMG Acquisition in the incurrence of a $600 million “covenant lite” secured term loan facility and a $150 million secured revolving facility, as well as the issuance of $500 million 6.00% Senior Secured Notes due 2021 and €175 million 6.25% Senior Secured Notes due 2021 to refinance $1.25 billion of its secured notes.
- International Paper in the combination of its xpedx distribution solutions business with Unisource in a “Reverse Morris Trust” transaction.
- St. John's University School of Law, 2011, J.D.
- University of Delaware, 2008, B.S.