Gary Kubek is a retired partner. He was a litigation partner, engaged primarily in antitrust litigation, merger review and counseling; federal securities ...
Read Full Biography
Antitrust Litigation and Merger Review
- Amazon as strategic partner to Yankee Global Enterprises in the acquisition of the YES Network from The Walt Disney Company at a total enterprise value of $3.47 billion.
- Solenis, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its combination with BASF's paper and water chemicals business.
- Defendants in federal and state court cases alleging price fixing, including the TIBOR Antitrust Litigation, Carbon Black Antitrust Litigation and Vitamins Antitrust Litigation; major book publishers and the American Association of Publishers in responding to antitrust objections to their proposed settlement with Google; and other clients in government and private antitrust litigation.
- Counseling clients in various other antitrust issues, including compliance with non-U.S. merger regulations, the structuring of distribution and other contractual arrangements, as well as the implementation of corporate antitrust compliance programs.
M&A and Shareholder Litigation
- The Special Committee and independent members of the Board of Directors of Dell in defeating requests for a preliminary injunction and obtaining dismissal of 26 stockholder class actions challenging $25 billion going-private transaction.
- JPMorgan Chase, its chairman/CEO and other officers in obtaining dismissal of multiple derivative lawsuits relating to residential mortgage-backed securities and mortgage processing matters.
- Manulife in the dismissal of all claims against the company and two of its officers in a securities class action alleging misstatements of the company's financial condition.
- A Delaware corporation in an appraisal proceeding in the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Yale Law School, 1978, J.D.
- Yale University, 1975, B.A.