Harry Zirlin is a member of the firm’s Corporate Department and Environmental Practice Group. His practice concentrates on environmental matters ...
Read Full Biography
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Electrical Components International, the world’s leading manufacturer of wire harnesses, control boxes and value-added assembly services, from KPS Capital Partners.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Cyanco International, the largest global producer of sodium cyanide.
- Footprint Power in the sale of Salem Harbor Energy Station Project to Highstar Fund IV and Toyota Tsusho, an EPC Contract with Iberdrola Energy Projects, to build a 700MW state-of-the-art combined-cycle gas electric generating facility and a $730 million construction financing, a transaction awarded the Project Finance International “2015 Power Deal of the Year of the Americas” award.
- NCI Building Systems in its $245 million acquisition of CENTRIA.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 60% stake in John Deere Landscapes, a unit of Deere & Company’s Agriculture & Turf segment, in a transaction valued at $465 million.
- Wilsonart, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of Durcon, a manufacturer of laboratory-grade work surfaces.
- Sun Life Financial in the $1.35 billion sale of certain of its U.S. subsidiaries.
- International Lease Finance Corporation in its $228 million acquisition of AeroTurbine from AerCap.
- Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical, a leading transdermal patch manufacturer listed on the Tokyo stock exchange, in its $428 million acquisition of Nasdaq-listed Noven Pharmaceuticals via an all-cash tender offer.
- The winning consortium in the Pennsylvania Turnpike concession, achieving a fully negotiated concession agreement and fully documented and binding financing commitments for a multisource financing including bank debt and PABs, although the transaction was ultimately not approved by the Pennsylvania state legislature.
- EDO Corporation in its $1.7 billion acquisition by ITT Corporation.
- Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold in the $735 million sale of its cable and wire division to General Cable.
- The Carlyle Group in its proposed $1 billion acquisition of ElkCorp and related acquisition of Atlas Roofing from Hood Companies (later terminated).
- Phelps Dodge in obtaining merger control approval in the EU, and various other jurisdictions globally, in respect of in its $26 billion merger with Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold, forming the world’s largest publicly traded copper company.
- Phelps Dodge in its $40 billion merger (later terminated) with Canadian mining companies Inco and Falconbridge, one of the largest mining deals ever.
- Uniroyal Holding et al. in a CERCLA litigation with Waste Management in Federal District Court in Wisconsin concerning liability for remediation of the release of hazardous substances transported from Uniroyal Corporation’s manufacturing facilities. Uniroyal Holding was granted summary judgment.
- Uniroyal Holding in a CERCLA suit with the City of Mishawaka in Federal District Court in the Southern District of Indiana over liability as a corporate successor. Uniroyal Holding was granted summary judgment.
- Uniroyal Holding in a CERCLA suit brought by Gates Rubber Co. in Federal District Court in the Southern District of New York to recover costs for the remediation of hazardous substances released from a textile plant in South Carolina. Following a substantive ruling in Uniroyal’s favor, the matter was resolved.
- Uniroyal Holding in its CERCLA litigation with the EPA, represented by the Department of Justice, concerning numerous former Uniroyal Corporation facilities and third-party sites throughout the United States.
- Phelps Dodge Corporation in an environmental litigation with the United States Postal Service concerning a contaminated former copper smelting facility the Postal Service purchased from Phelps Dodge.
- The Travelers Insurance Company in multiple lawsuits brought by policyholders seeking coverage for alleged environmental damage at sites throughout the United States.
- Betaseed, Inc. in National Environmental Policy Act cases relating to the United States Department of Agriculture’s approval of genetically modified sugar beet seed. The Department of Agriculture ultimately approved the product for unrestricted commercial distribution in 2012.
- Uniroyal Holding’s national counsel in defense of numerous personal injury suits across the country for exposure to asbestos.
- New York Law School, 1989, J.D.
- Pratt Institute, 1981, M.F.A.
- Pratt Institute, 1975, B.F.A.