Jane Shvets is a partner in the firm’s White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group focused on white collar defense and internal investigations, in ...
Read Full Biography
- A Central and Eastern European-based international manufacturer in an anti-bribery and corruption investigation and associated criminal proceedings relating to its Eastern European subsidiaries.
- A Russian high-net-worth individual in public allegations and assistance with responding to related inquiries.
- A multinational oilfield services company in allegations relating to potential impropriety in Russia.
- A multinational life sciences company in internal investigations relating to corruption allegations regarding Russian and another CIS subsidiary.
- A large Russian car dealership and its beneficiary in the dispute against a Russian businessman related to debt recovery.
- The Audit Committee of Mobile Telesystems, a Russian telecommunications company, in its internal investigation relating to its Uzbek subsidiary, referenced as part of the Deferred Prosecution Agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice.
- The former chairman of a multinational corporation as a witness in a litigation alleging securities fraud brought by the SEC.
- A large Germany-based manufacturing company in a compliance review and internal investigation of global sales intermediaries.
- The audit committee of the board of directors of a multinational consulting firm as independent counsel in an internal investigation of FCPA violations relating to projects in the Middle East, Latin America and Asia.
- A European-based international construction group in an internal investigation of potential anti-corruption in Latin America.
- A European international consumer products company in compliance with global anti-corruption laws, and in internal investigations in Asia and Africa.
- A global insurance company in an investigation of compliance issues in Russia.
- Numerous clients in anti-corruption, AML, and sanctions compliance aspects of M&A transactions in Russia & CIS, India, countries in Africa, and elsewhere.
- A Scandinavian manufacturing company in a compliance review of operations in Russia and the CIS.
- Numerous clients on compliance with data protection laws.
- Siemens’ Audit Committee in a worldwide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials leading to an early settlement with the U.S. and German authorities.
- A Fortune 100 company in civil and criminal investigations regarding possible FCPA violations, resulting in both the DOJ and SEC closing their investigations without bringing any charges or seeking any penalties.
- Ferrostaal, a global provider of industrial services in plant construction and engineering, in an extensive internal compliance investigation relating to allegations of corruption and other wrongdoing in several jurisdictions.
- A global travel services provider in sanctions compliance review of certain travel arrangements.
- Mechel, a Russian mining and metals conglomerate, in winning dismissal of securities fraud claims in the Southern District of New York brought after senior Russian officials made negative comments about the company and levied an antitrust fine for alleged price discrimination.
- Holcim and its subsidiaries, Holderfin B.V. and Caricement B.V., against Venezuela in proceedings before ICSID under the Switzerland-Venezuela BIT and the Netherlands-Venezuela BIT, asserting claims that Venezuela’s nationalization of Holcim Venezuela constituted unlawful expropriation and discrimination. After Holcim filed its statement of claim, the parties agreed on a settlement providing for compensation of $650 million.
- Several U.S. companies in matters relating to the 28 U.S.C. §1782 applications filed in connection with a foreign family law proceeding.
- The Gap in a trademark infringement and dilution trial against G.A.P. Adventures, a Canadian company offering traveling services.
- Harvard Law School, 2007, J.D.
- New York University, 2004, B.A.