Jennifer Chu is a corporate partner and member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Groups. Her practice focuses on advising ...
Read Full Biography
- Bain Capital Private Equity and Diamond Castle in the sale of Beacon Health Options to Anthem.
- KeyBank in its acquisition of Laurel Road’s affinity-focused digital lending business.
- HCA Healthcare in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Mission Health, a nonprofit North Carolina health system.
- Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of Zarbee's Naturals, a leader in naturally-based healthcare products.
- Johnson & Johnson in its sale of Nizoral’s EMEA rights to STADA Arzeimittel AG; LATAM rights to Kramer Laboratories; and APAC rights to Alliance Pharmaceuticals Limited.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, with Humana, in their $1.4 billion acquisition of Curo Health Services.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic minority investment in DiscoverOrg, the leading global sales and marketing intelligence platform.
- TPG Capital and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe in the $4.1 billion acquisition of Kindred Healthcare.
- CVC Capital Partners in its investment in Republic Finance, a consumer loan provider.
- Mitsui in its acquisition of an additional 10% limited partnership interest in Penske Truck Leasing from subsidiaries of GE Capital Global Holdings.
- The CF Corporation and The Blackstone Group in the $1.835 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Allergan in its $2.47 billion acquisition of ZELTIQ, a medical technology company focused on utilizing its proprietary CoolSculpting controlled-cooling technology platform, the sales leader in the fast-growing body contouring segment of medical aesthetics.
- Johnson & Johnson in its purchase of an exclusive option to acquire Bird Rock Bio, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on innovative immuno-inflammatory regulators that can be used in the treatment of liver disease.
- Allergan in its $2.9 billion acquisition of LifeCell Corporation, a regenerative medicine business.
- Allergan in its global collaboration agreement with AstraZeneca to develop and commercialize ATM-AVI, an investigational, fixed-dose antibiotic.
- Lannett in its acquisition for $1.23 billion in cash, plus additional contingent consideration, of Kremers Urban Pharmaceuticals, the U.S. specialty generic pharmaceuticals subsidiary of global biopharmaceuticals company UCB.
- Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of a majority interest in the asset management business of AR Capital (subsequently withdrawn), its acquisition of the wholesale distribution business of RCS Capital and its substantial minority equity investment in RCS Capital.
- Stone Point Capital in its investment in Millstein & Co., a diversified financial services firm that specializes in developing and implementing solutions for complex corporate and public finance problems.
- Actavis in the sale of Aptalis Pharmaceutical Technologies, a pharmaceutical outsourcing and R&D business in the U.S., to TPG.
- Actavis in the sale of its branded respiratory business in the U.S. and Canada to AstraZeneca for $600 million, and an additional payment of $100 million in connection with certain other agreements.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of IndexIQ, a leader in the liquid alternative exchange-traded fund industry.
- Blackstone Group’s Tactical Opportunities Group in the acquisition of Philadelphia Financial Group from Tiptree Financial.
- Chemtura in the $1 billion sale of its agrochemicals business, Chemtura AgroSolutions.
- Johnson & Johnson in the sale of its worldwide intimate health business to Reckitt Benckiser, a UK-based consumer goods company.
- PSAV, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition by affiliates of Goldman Sachs.
- Warner Music Group in its $765 million acquisition of the Parlophone Label Group (PLG) from Universal Music Group. (the sale of PLG was required by the European Commission as a condition to its approval of Universal acquiring sole control of the activities of EMI).
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Dell in the $24.9 billion sale of Dell to an investor group including Michael Dell and Silver Lake.
- Goldman Sachs Reinsurance Group in its acquisition of the Bermuda-based reinsurance operations of Ariel Holdings.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 60% stake in Hussmann International, a leading global manufacturer of refrigerated display merchandizing equipment and refrigeration systems.
- Cunningham Lindsey in its acquisition of GAB Robins North America's U.S. loss adjusting business.
- Harvard Law School, 2006, J.D.
- University of London, 2002, M.A.
- Harvard University, 2001, A.B.