Joe Binder is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group.
His practice focuses on advising sponsors of private ...
Read Full Biography
- Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of Zarbee's Naturals, a leader in naturally-based healthcare products.
- One Rock Capital Partners in the formation of One Rock Capital Partners II, a $964 million U.S. buyout fund.
- Solenis, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its combination with BASF's paper and water chemicals business.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic minority investment in DiscoverOrg, the leading global sales and marketing intelligence platform.
- HarbourVest Partners in the formation of HarbourVest Real Assets III, a $366 million global secondaries fund.
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management in its acquisition of Manna Pro, a leading producer of nutritional supplements and other animal products, from The Carlyle Group.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a majority interest in American Greetings.
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of MedRisk, a provider of managed physical medicine to the workers’ compensation industry.
- Global Atlantic in the reinsurance of $9 billion of fixed annuities and other spread-based reserves of Talcott Resolution, The Hartford’s run-off life and annuity businesses.
- Bedrock Insurance in its proposed acquisition of Ashmere Insurance, a workers’ compensation specialty insurance company.
- Sawai Pharmaceutical in the sale of a minority stake of its U.S. subsidiary, Upsher-Smith Laboratories, to Japanese trading house Sumitomo.
- Mitsui in its acquisition of an additional 10% limited partnership interest in Penske Truck Leasing from subsidiaries of GE Capital Global Holdings.
- Wilton Re in its acquisition of Aegon Transamerica’s two largest U.S. run-off businesses.
- Citizens Financial in its acquisition of Western Reserve Partners, a merger and acquisition advisory firm.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the acquisition of Carestream Dental, the digital dental business of Carestream Health.
- One Equity Partners in the formation of One Equity Partners VI, a $1.65 billion U.S. and Western Europe buyout fund.
- Empowerment Ventures and its wholly-owned subsidiary UniRush, a pioneer in the development of reloadable prepaid debit cards, in the sale of UniRush to Green Dot.
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management in the formation of North Haven Capital Partners VI, a $1.5 billion global buyout fund.
- Crescent Capital Group in the formation of Crescent Mezzanine Partners VII, a $4.6 billion U.S. mezzanine fund.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the formation of agilon health, a new healthcare technology and services platform, through the acquisition and merging of Primary Provider Management and Cyber-Pro Systems.
- Envision Healthcare in its $15 billion merger with AMSURG, creating one of the largest U.S. providers of specialty physicians and hospital-related services.
- Providence Service Corporation in a strategic partnership with Frazier Healthcare Partners in Matrix Medical Network.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare, a global manufacturer of medical products.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its investment in Pathway Partners, a leading veterinary hospital owner and operator.
- Littlejohn & Co. in the sale of a minority interest in the firm’s management companies and general partners to Goldman Sachs Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group.
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners in the formation of North Haven Infrastructure Partners II, a $3.6 billion global infrastructure fund.
- One Equity Partners, the principal investment arm of JPMorgan, in its spin-out and related primary and secondary transactional matters.
- TIAA-CREF in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Nuveen Investments, a diversified investment management company with $221 billion in assets under management.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.8 billion acquisition of Ashland Water Technologies.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisitions of Brand Energy and Harsco Infrastructure in a combined transaction valued at $2.5 billion.
- Stonepoint Capital in the formation of Trident VII, a $5.5 billion global financial services buyout fund.
- Tenex Capital Management in the formation of Tenex Capital Partners II, an $800 million North America buyout fund.
- Littlejohn & Co. in the formation of Littlejohn Opportunities Fund II, a $520 million distressed debt fund.
- Brooklyn Law School, 2013, J.D.
- Northeastern Illinois University, 2008, B.A.