Joshua M. Samit, based in the firm’s New York office, is a member of the Capital Markets and Banking Groups in the Corporate Department. His practice ...
Read Full Biography
- Citigroup, BofA Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo Securities as lead underwriters in the $400 million offering of 3.600% senior notes due 2029 issued by RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd.
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, UBS Investment Bank and Wells Fargo Securities as lead underwriters in the offering of 10 million depositary shares, each representing a 1/1,000th interest in a share of 5.750% preference shares, issued by RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd.
- Antares Holdings LP, a leading provider of lending solutions to private equity sponsor-backed middle-market companies, in the placement of $280 million of senior unsecured notes.
- Nationstar Mortgage, a leading mortgage servicer and originator, in its $3.8 billion merger with WMIH.
- Barclays, Goldman Sachs & Co., UBS Investment Bank and Wells Fargo Securities in the $1.0 billion offering of 4.875% senior notes due 2024 by an insurance company.
- Morgan Stanley and Barclays as lead underwriters in the $300 million offering of 3.700% senior notes due 2025 issued by RenaissanceRe Finance and guaranteed by RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd.
- Westpac Banking Corporation, in its registered public offering of $1.35 billion 1.50% notes due 2017 and $650 million floating rate notes due 2017.
- The initial purchasers in Liberty Mutual's €750 million debut Eurobond offering of 2.75% notes due 2026.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in its $1.35 billion offering of 2.1% covered bonds due 2021.
- Westpac Banking Corporation, in the establishment of a U.S. registered Additional Tier 1 Capital securities program, and the subsequent public offering, acting through its New Zealand Branch, of 5.000% Fixed Rate Resetting Perpetual Subordinated Contingent Convertible Securities.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in the tender offer for its Australian-government guaranteed medium-term notes issued pursuant to Rule 144A.
- Westpac in its $1.5 billion sale of three-year notes guaranteed by the Government of New Zealand.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in its $1 billion offering of covered bonds and $3.75 billion offerings of fixed rate notes due 2018 and floating rate notes due 2020.
- Merrill, Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith and Citigroup Global Markets as representatives of the initial purchasers in the $300 million offering of 4.850% Senior Notes due 2044 by Liberty Mutual Group. This offering was a "re-opening" in addition to $750 million of 4.850% Senior Notes offered by Liberty Mutual Group in July 2014.
- Westpac in its $2.25 billion offering of monthly extendible notes.
- Corporate Risk Holdings (f.k.a. Altegrity), a global, diversified risk and information services company, together with its operating businesses Kroll, HireRight and USIS, in their pre-negotiated Chapter 11 proceedings in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, in which they restructured more than $1.8 billion in indebtedness. This restructuring was honored by Turnarounds & Workouts as one of ten “Successful Restructurings 2015.
- The Carlyle Group in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Getty Images.
- Stone Point Capital in a $1.34 billion senior secured term loan facility, $200 million senior secured revolving credit facility and $535 million offering of senior notes in connection with Stone Point’s significant equity investment in Alliant Insurance Services.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in its registered public offering of $1 billion 1.55% notes due 2018, $1 billion 2.30% notes due 2020 and $600 million floating rate notes due 2018.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in its registered public offering of $1.35 billion 1.50% notes due 2017 and $650 million floating rate notes due 2017.
- Knighthead Capital Management in its formation and capitalization of Knighthead Holdings Ltd., a Cayman Islands-based annuity provider.
- Credit Suisse, Citigroup, BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, UBS Investment Bank, Jefferies, J.P. Morgan and RBC Capital Markets as underwriters in the $301.8 million secondary offering of common units of CVR Partners.
- Morgan Stanley, Barclays Capital and Goldman Sachs in the $353 million initial public offering by CVR Partners.
- Deutsche Bank Securities, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, HSBC and Morgan Stanley as remarketing agents in the $1.0 billion offering of series D debentures by MetLife.
- Globo in an offering of $325 million of senior secured exchangeable notes of Pontis III mandatorily exchangeable for 4.843% senior notes due 2025 of Globo.
- Pontis II Ltd in its offering of $200 million of senior notes mandatorily exchangeable for $200 million of step-up senior notes of Globo Comunicação e Participações S.A.
- Globo in a 144A/Reg S offering of $300 million 4.875% senior notes due 2022 and 144A/Reg S offering of $200 million of senior secured exchangeable notes of Pontis II Ltd. mandatorily exchangeable for $200 million 5.307%/7.25% step-up senior notes due 2022 of Globo.
- TPG Capital and Coors Family Trusts as selling shareholders in the $456.2 million secondary offering of common stock by Graphic Packaging.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice as selling shareholder in the $397 million secondary offering of common stock by Sally Beauty Holdings.
- American Airlines in its tender offers to purchase for cash various series of its pass through certificates and secured notes due 2016.
- Columbia Law School, 2003, J.D.
- Georgetown University, 1998, B.S.