Julio Rivera Rios is an associate in the Litigation Department and a member of the International Dispute Resolution Group who focuses on international ...
Read Full Biography
- Gramercy Funds Management and Gramercy Peru Holdings in an UNCITRAL arbitration against the Government of Peru under the U.S.-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement, arising out of Peru’s measures relating to Agrarian Reform Bonds.
- An international mining company in a potential dispute against a Latin American state under the terms of a Free Trade Agreement, worth over $900 million. The dispute arises out of litigations before local courts regarding royalty payments.
- An international construction company in an LCIA arbitration related to the engineering, procurement and construction of a liquefied natural gas plant worth $9 billion.
- A major construction company in an LCIA arbitration proceeding regarding disagreements arising from the construction of a 240MW hydroelectric power plant.
- A Mexican State-owned enterprise on potential Chapter 11 NAFTA claims related to the lease of oil production platforms.
- A public Mexican company in restructuring their investment in order to gain access to treaty protections.
- A multinational investment bank in connection with FCPA investigations conducted by Mexican authorities and potential investigation by the DOJ.
- Harvard Law School, 2017, LL.M.
- Escuela Libre de Derecho, 2014, Law Degree