Katie Power is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Insurance and Financial Institutions Groups.
Ms. Power’s practice focuses on ...
Read Full Biography
- PGIM in its acquisition of Montana Capital Partners, a European-based private equity secondaries asset manager.
- Prudential in the sale of its retirement plan business to Empower for a total transaction value of $3.55 billion.
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- Compre in its reinsurance to close of Syndicate 3330’s 2018 year of account, and the purchase of AXA DBIO II’s Corporate Member.
- Compre in the launch of its Lloyd’s legacy syndicate 1994, and its strategic partnership with Apollo to manage syndicate 1994, and to work with Compre to build its Lloyd’s legacy platform.
- Compre in its reinsurance to close transaction of Apollo syndicate 1969’s 2017 and prior years of account.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of 28 domain extensions and certain other business assets owned and operated by Minds + Machines Group Limited.
- Blackstone's Tactical Opportunities Group in its investment in SUNZ Holdings, a leading provider of workers compensation insurance and related services such as claims administration, policy administration, and customer support.
- Ambac Financial Group, a financial services holding company, in its acquisition of Xchange Benefits and Xchange Affinity Underwriting Agency, property and casualty managing general underwriters.
- Third Point Re in its $788 million merger with Sirius Group.
- GreyCastle in its sale to Monument Re, advising on the complex offshore UK / Bermuda life insurance structure. Debevoise also advised on the original establishment of GreyCastle.
- Covéa Group in its $9 billion acquisition of PartnerRe. (Terminated)
- Lovell Minnick in its take-private deal for Charles Taylor, a leading provider of professional services to the global insurance market.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- An international NGO in its global litigation strategy regarding claims before UN human rights treaty monitoring bodies across multiple Latin American states.