Kevin Rinker is the Co-Chair of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group and a leader in the private equity and healthcare practices of the firm. ...
Read Full Biography
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 60% interest in Humana’s Kindred at Home Hospice and Personal Care divisions, valued at $3.4 billion.
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of Abingworth, a life sciences investment firm.
- Blackstone as lead investor in DNAnexus’ $200 million financing round.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic partnership with Orsini, an independent specialty pharmacy focused on rare diseases, gene therapies and complex conditions.
- Carestream Dental, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and leading provider of dental technology, in the $600 million carve-out sale of its Scanning Technology business to Envista, a leading global dental products company.
- The Carlyle Group in its investment in Resonetics, a leader in micro-manufacturing for the medical device and diagnostics equipment industries, valuing the company at approximately $2.25 billion.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic growth investment and acquisition of a majority stake in Saama, a leading AI-driven intelligent clinical cloud company that enables the life sciences industry to conduct faster and safer clinical developments and regulatory programs, valuing the company at up to $430 million.
- HealthEdge and its controlling shareholder, Blackstone, in the acquisitions of Wellframe, a digital health management company.; Altruista, a care management software company that delivers care management and population health management solutions that support value-based and person-centered care models; and The Burgess Group, an innovative payment integrity software company focused on improving healthcare payment operations through a cloud-based technology platform.
- Blackstone in its investment in Medable, the leading cloud platform for patient-centered clinical research, valuing Medable at $2.1 billion.
- HCA Healthcare, one of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, in its agreement to acquire the operations of five hospitals of Steward Health Care, the largest physician-led healthcare network.
- Blackstone as a lead investor in the formation of Hydrogen Health.
- Blackstone in its investment in Ginger, a leader in on-demand behavioral healthcare.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of Millennium Physician Group, one of the largest independent primary care practices in the country.
- The Carlyle Group in the $2.5 billion merger of Grand Rounds and Doctor on Demand.
- HCA Healthcare in its acquisition of a majority stake in Brookdale Health Care Services, the home health, hospice and outpatient therapy business of Brookdale Senior Living.
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of and subsequent $2.6 billion sale of MedRisk to CVC Capital Partners.
- Precision Medical Group in its investment from funds managed by Blackstone.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in the sale of Manna Pro Products, a recognized leader in pet care to The Carlyle Group.
- Blackstone in its investment in Bright Health as part of a $500 million Series E financing round.
- The Carlyle Group in its majority investment in TriNetX, a leading global health research network optimizing clinical research to bring new therapies to market faster.
- The Carlyle Group in its $175 million investment in Grand Rounds, a leader in healthcare quality and clinical navigation.
- Blackstone in its acquisition of HealthEdge, a leading technology business that delivers next generation Core Administrative Processing Systems (CAPS) solutions to healthcare businesses.
- Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of TARIS, a biotechnology company specializing in the development of a novel drugs and delivery technologies for the treatment of cancer.
- Morgan Stanley and Greenhill Partners, as financial advisors to International Flavors and Fragrances, in its $45 billion Reverse Morris Trust merger with the nutrition and biosciences unit of DuPont de Nemours.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of Cynosure, a leader in medical aesthetics systems and technologies, from Hologic, a NASDAQ listed medical technology company primarily focused on women’s health.
- HCA Healthcare in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Mission Health, a nonprofit North Carolina health system.
- Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition of Zarbee's Naturals, a leader in naturally-based healthcare products.
- Envision Healthcare in its $15 billion merger with AMSURG, creating one of the largest U.S. providers of specialty physicians and hospital-related services.
- Johnson & Johnson in its global co-development and commercialization agreement with Theravance Biopharma, relating to various compounds being developed for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn's and ulcerative colitis.
- Prism, a leading retina surgeon practice, in its sale of a 60% stake to Quad-C Management.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the acquisition of Carestream Dental, an industry-leading provider of dental digital product lines and services, from Carestream Health/Onex.
- Johnson & Johnson in its acquisition from AstraZeneca of the global rights outside of the U.S. to Rhinocort Aqua, a line of nasal sprays used to treat allergies.
- Nestlé in its $1.4 billion acquisition of the aesthetic dermatology business of Valeant Pharmaceuticals.
- Johnson & Johnson in its purchase of an exclusive option to acquire Bird Rock Bio, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on innovative immuno-inflammatory regulators that can be used in the treatment of liver disease.
- AssuraMed in its $2 billion sale to Cardinal Health.
- Johnson & Johnson in the sale to SK Capital Partners of its global narcotics business.
- Envision Healthcare in its $620 million acquisition of Rural/Metro Corporation, the second largest provider of ambulatory services in the U.S.
- Nestlé Skin Health in its $1 billion acquisition of Guthy Renker’s worldwide Proactiv business, the world’s leading non-prescription acne brand.
- Johnson & Johnson in the sale of its worldwide intimate health business to Reckitt Benckiser, a UK-based consumer goods company.
- PharMEDium, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and the leading national provider of outsourced compounded sterile preparations to acute care hospitals in the United States, in its $2.6 billion sale to AmerisourceBergen.
Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Gogo in the $400 million sale of its commercial aviation business to Intelsat.
- Warner Music Group in its $765 million acquisition of the Parlophone Label Group from Universal Music Group.
- American Express in its acquisition of Resy, a leading digital restaurant reservation booking and management platform.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition from General Motors and Ford of a majority stake in OEConnection, the established market leader in cloud-based technology solutions that facilitate the efficient location, sale, distribution and dynamic pricing of automotive parts.
- Dell in its proposed, and later terminated, $1.5 billion acquisition of 3PAR, a global data-storage provider.
- General Electric in the repurchase of Vivendi’s stock of NBC Universal for $5.8 billion, along with advice to NBC Universal on certain corporate matters related to the formation of the NBC Universal - Comcast joint venture valued at $37.5 billion.
- The Dolan family in its $22 billion effort to take Cablevision private.
- LivingSocial in its acquisition of Ticket Monster, the leading social commerce website in South Korea.
- Viewdle, a facial recognition technology provider, in its sale to Google.
- General Electric and NBC in their acquisition of Vivendi Universal Entertainment and formation of NBC Universal, a $43 billion broadcast, cable, studio, film and diversified entertainment company owned 20% by Vivendi and 80% by General Electric.
- NBC Universal in its $3.4 billion purchase of common and preferred interests of Vivendi Universal Entertainment LLP from IAC/InterActiveCorp., resulting in VUE being wholly owned by NBC.
- Providence Equity Partners and Altegrity in the $520 million sale of Explore Information Services, a provider of database insurance technologies and e-government applications, to NYSE-listed Solera Holdings.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $6 billion acquisition and subsequent combination of Fort Dearborn and Multi-Color Corporation, to create the world's largest label solutions company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.5 billion acquisition of HD Supply’s Waterworks Division, the largest distributor of waterworks products in the U.S.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Electrical Components International, the world’s leading manufacturer of wire harnesses, control boxes and value-added assembly services, from KPS Capital Partners.
- Cerberus Capital Management in its acquisition of Cyanco International, the largest global producer of sodium cyanide.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.5 billion acquisition of a majority ownership stake in Wilsonart International Holdings, the decorative surfaces unit of Illinois Tool Works.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of CoAdvantage, a leading Professional Employer Organization, and later sale to Aquiline Capital.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Creative Circle, one of North America’s largest independent staffing firms specializing in advertising, creative and marketing talent, and later sale to NYSE-listed On Assignment for a mix of stock and cash consideration.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of EmployBridge, a provider of outsourced human resource and specialty-branded temporary staffing services, and later sale to Select Staffing, an Anchorage Capital backed competitor.
- Providence Equity Partners in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Altegrity (formerly known as US Investigations Services), a leading provider of information, security and risk management services.
- Providence Equity Partners and Altegrity in the acquisition of HireRight, a NASDAQ-listed company that provides employee screening and other information services.
- Altegrity and Providence Equity Partners in their $1.13 billion acquisition of Kroll from Marsh & McLennan.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and BrandSafway in the $6.2 billion sale of BrandSafway to Brookfield Business Partners L.P. and CD&R Fund X.
- Access Industries, as part of a consortium with Apollo Global Management and Riverstone Holdings, in its $7.2 billion acquisition of the oil and gas exploration and production assets of El Paso, which were sold in connection with Kinder Morgan's $38 billion acquisition of El Paso.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services in the merger of Brand Energy and Safway Group, forming the leading global industrial service business with over $5 billion in revenue.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of up to a 49% stake in NYSE-listed CHC Group, the world's largest commercial helicopter operator with an enterprise value of $1.9 billion.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners and Cadence Education in the sale of Cadence Education to Apax Partners.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Cadence Education, a leading provider of early childhood education.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its sale of Learning Care Group, a leading provider of early education and child care services, to American Securities.
- Cornell Capital as a lead investor in the $2.05 billion acquisition of Talcott Resolution, The Hartford’s run-off life and annuity businesses.
- Morgan Stanley Private Equity in its acquisition of Access Cash, a Canadian independent service organization that manages the country’s second largest network of automated teller machines.
- Georgetown University Law Center, 1999, J.D.
- Tufts University, 1994, B.A.