Ms. Kiehn is a counsel in the firm’s Litigation Department, based in the New York office. Her practice focuses on healthcare-related enforcement, ...
Read Full Biography
- A prominent hospital in reviewing and advising on conflicts-of-interest matters.
- A major pharmaceutical company in defeating nine motions to certify classes of consumers and third-party payors and obtaining dismissal of all remaining claims in MDL actions alleging RICO and consumer fraud violations based on alleged fraudulent promotion of antidepressants.
- A major pharmaceutical company in obtaining dismissal of qui tam action under the False Claims Act relating to marketing of prescription drug due to unethical behavior by relator’s counsel. In its dismissal, the district court, in addressing a novel legal issue, admonished counsel for obtaining medical information from physicians by engaging in “an elaborate scheme of deceptive conduct.”
- A major pharmaceutical company in obtaining dismissal of state law claims in First Circuit decision marking the first time since Wyeth v. Levine that a federal appellate court dismissed claims against a brand-name drug manufacturer pursuant to the “impossibility” preemption doctrine.
- A major pharmaceutical company in civil and criminal investigations led by DOJ and the U.S. Attorney's Office (D. of Mass.), and related qui tam litigation, regarding marketing, promotion, and sale of three drugs.
- A major pharmaceutical company in investigation led by DOJ and the U.S. Attorney's Office (E.D. of Wisconsin) relating to speaker programs involving three prescription drugs.
- A major pharmaceutical company in investigation led by DOJ and the U.S. Attorney’s Office (D. Mass.) relating to marketing of cardiovascular drugs.
- A national pharmacy chain in investigation led by the U.S. Attorney’s Office (SDNY) relating to billing practices.
- A major pharmaceutical company in obtaining dismissal of qui tam action under the False Claims Act alleging kickbacks paid to physicians in connection with marketing of several drugs.
- A major U.S. hospital network in defending multiple class action complaints filed in several states alleging wrongful billing practices.
- A multinational healthcare company executive in investigations led by DOJ, the U.S. Attorney’s Office (E.D. Pa.), and U.S. Congress arising from consumer product recalls.
- A major pharmaceutical company in negotiating, implementing, and facilitating ongoing compliance with Corporate Integrity Agreement.
- A multinational pharmaceutical company’s Board of Directors in conducting several Compliance Program effectiveness reviews to support Corporate Integrity Agreement obligations.
- The Board of Directors of a leading medical device manufacturer in conducting several Compliance Program effectiveness reviews to support obligations under a plea agreement.
- The CEO and Chief Compliance Officer of a global pharmaceutical company in meeting obligations under a Corporate Integrity Agreement.
- A pharmaceutical company in providing compliance advice relating to marketing of drugs for rare diseases.
- A global pharmaceutical company in conducting internal assessment of senior executives’ role in Compliance Program.
- A class of inmates in New York City jails as class counsel asserting claims regarding the manner in which the City discharged from custody inmates who receive treatment for mental illness while incarcerated in City jails.
- Fordham University School of Law, 2000, J.D.
- New York University, 1996, M.A.
- Smith College, 1992, B.A.