Mark McCloskey is an associate in the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group, resident in the London office.
Mr. McCloskey’s practice ...
Read Full Biography
- Nova Group Investments in an ICSID claim against the Romanian Government under the Netherlands-Romania BIT relating to the expropriation of its Romanian assets.
- The Republic of Korea in ICSID arbitration filed by IPICI and Hanocal.
- Advice on a potential LCIA claim for breach of contract and misrepresentation in relation to a shareholder agreement between two Argentinian entities.
- An engineering and commissioning contractor in a multibillion dollar ICC arbitration seated in Singapore concerning the disputed termination of an EPC subcontract to build and commission a combined-cycle power plant at an Australian LNG facility.
- A Brazilian bank in an ICC arbitration arising out of warranties and indemnities given under a share purchase agreement governed by English law.
- A construction company in its ICC arbitration with a major oil company over delays and additional costs in a project for the construction of an FPSO platform.
- The Center for Reproductive Rights in its successful intervention in the UK Supreme Court concerning the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission’s challenge to Northern Ireland’s criminal laws on abortion.
- An international NGO in its global litigation strategy regarding claims before UN human rights treaty monitoring bodies across multiple Latin American states.
- The Center for Reproductive Rights in securing UN recommendations to overturn El Salvador’s criminalization of abortion.
- Social and Economic Rights Action Center v. Nigeria, Afr. Comm. H.P.R. Commc’n No. 370/09. Assisting SERAC in its application before the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights seeking redress from the Nigerian government for the forcible eviction of 300,000 inhabitants from their homes in 1990. In September 2013, the ACHPR issued a decision declaring the case admissible and Debevoise is now assisting with the substantive Communication to the African Commission on Human People’s Rights.
- University of Law, L.P.C.
- University of Manchester, LL.B.