Monika Hlavkova is an associate in the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group. Her practice focuses on international arbitration and public ...
Read Full Biography
- A major inter-governmental organisation on the international law regulation of sexual and gender-based violence in places of detention during armed conflict.
- A satellite capacity provider in LCIA arbitration proceedings and domestic court proceedings brought by another satellite company.
- Petro Poroshenko, the fifth President of Ukraine, in his victory in the High Court of England & Wales, successfully challenging the jurisdiction of the English courts to hear a $250+ million conspiracy claim brought against him and the former head of the National Bank of Ukraine, related to the nationalization and bail-in of PrivatBank, Ukraine’s largest bank.
- The Russian Federation in several disputes brought by former subsidiaries of Yukos Oil under the Energy Charter Treaty.
- A northeast Asian state in defending treaty claims made by alleged Iranian investors relating to a failed M&A transaction.
- An Egyptian company in a commercial arbitration against Egyptian state-owned entities in relation to the breach by Egyptian authorities of contractual obligations incurred in connection with the ‘peace pipeline’, which carries Egyptian natural gas to Israeli customers.
- An oil and gas supermajor in an UNCITRAL arbitration arising out of a tax stability agreement with a south-east Asian state.
- An international energy company in an ICC arbitration against the Republic of Yemen in relation to various claims arising under a production sharing contract.
- An international mining company in an ICSID arbitration against a south American state in connection with changes in the applicable royalty regime.
- An Indian company in a shareholders dispute with a Japanese counterparty in relation to the exercise of a put option under the shareholders agreement.
- BPP Law School, 2013, L.P.C.
- London School of Economics and Political Science, 2011, LL.M.